Kitchen Hatch - keep and modernise or cover it?

Zak S

6 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

I think you pay someone to take it away

I will try my luck putting on he Facebook market place or it will go in the skip. 

Do you know which episode was it of the grand design?

51 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Just look at the cost of removing the wall.  You can re-use the kitchen if you want to.  Also, why are you plastering if you are considering rebuild?

We have removed the wall paper as I could argue anymore with OH about it so gave in. She does not trust me that it would be rebuilt anytime soon 😀 as since when men over promise snd under deliver!

Edited by Zak S

43 minutes ago, Zak S said:

It's already been sanded down plus I will be spraying myself. We will see how it turns out.😅

Has anyone ever usefld 2k based paints and primers ad I have bought this and planning to spray the kitchen. 

36 minutes ago, Zak S said:

Has anyone ever usefld 2k based paints and primers ad I have bought this and planning to spray the kitchen. 

I was spraying 2k at the weekend, more to do tonight.

I spray paint most things that I need to paint, I work with everything from waterbased, cellulose, 1k and 2k (my favourite for a tough finish) - always have a fairly wide range in stock in my garage at any given time ready for most eventualities! 

Weekends efforts in etch primer:

image.thumb.jpeg.79867ff33566696240543de9407e2290.jpeg

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carrerahill said:

I was spraying 2k at the weekend, more to do tonight.

I spray paint most things that I need to paint, I work with everything from waterbased, cellulose, 1k and 2k (my favourite for a tough finish) - always have a fairly wide range in stock in my garage at any given time ready for most eventualities! 

Weekends efforts in etch primer:

image.thumb.jpeg.79867ff33566696240543de9407e2290.jpeg

Amazing! That looks quality finish. I did etch primer and paint on my street twin few days ago :). It turns out to be quite good. What's your view healthy and safety wise on using 2k? I will be using my garage for it.

Edited by Zak S

1 hour ago, Zak S said:

I will try my luck putting on he Facebook market place or it will go in the skip. 

Do you know which episode was it of the grand design?

Grand Designs S10E01 Isle of Wight The Tree House. The Linen Jacket With Jeans era.

Lincoln Miles and his artist wife Lisa Traxler.

Essentially a good project, but with various elements of craziness. Including proving that painting corrugated with yoghurt soup does not make it grow lichen, and that domestic with turbines are a PITA.

Lincoln Miles is one of the few who have created a career off the back of Grand Designs.

Vid here:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Grand Designs S10E01 Isle of Wight The Tree House. The Linen Jacket With Jeans era.

Lincoln Miles and his artist wife Lisa Traxler.

Essentially a good project, but with various elements of craziness. Including proving that painting corrugated with yoghurt soup does not make it grow lichen, and that domestic with turbines are a PITA.

Lincoln Miles is one of the few who have created a career off the back of Grand Designs.

Vid here:

Thanks that's great. Much appreciated 

1 hour ago, Zak S said:

Amazing! That looks quality finish. I did etch primer and paint on my street twin few days ago :). It turns out to be quite good. What's your view healthy and safety wise on using 2k? I will be using my garage for it.

We will see how the weather holds up, if nice I will hit the top half of that (bottom done last night) with the 2K solid white paint - I'll post the results as I suspect you will be doing all this soon! 

I really enjoy painting but it can be stressful, so do it when you have time, there is no such thing as a quick paint 5-10minutes to build the gun, mix the paint, 5 minutes for final degrease of items, maybe only 3 minutes of actual painting, with waiting time between coat, then you can spend 15 minutes cleaning the gun! In that time you also don't want anyone harassing our or even present without a mask - I usually do it when I am home alone and like a breeze to help carry away the fumes/paint dust. 

Allow an hour for even 1 door, oddly, allow about the same for 4 doors. 

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Carrerahill said:

We will see how the weather holds up, if nice I will hit the top half of that (bottom done last night) with the 2K solid white paint - I'll post the results as I suspect you will be doing all this soon! 

I really enjoy painting but it can be stressful, so do it when you have time, there is no such thing as a quick paint 5-10minutes to build the gun, mix the paint, 5 minutes for final degrease of items, maybe only 3 minutes of actual painting, with waiting time between coat, then you can spend 15 minutes cleaning the gun! In that time you also don't want anyone harassing our or even present without a mask - I usually do it when I am home alone and like a breeze to help carry away the fumes/paint dust. 

Allow an hour for even 1 door, oddly, allow about the same for 4 doors. 

Perfect. Thanks. Our house is currenlty empty so if I paint, I can then leave and for it to settle down/dry and hopefully by next day or so there won't be any risk. Please also let me know the right PPE. That would be great.

1 minute ago, Zak S said:

Perfect. Thanks. Our house is currenlty empty so if I paint, I can then leave and for it to settle down/dry and hopefully by next day or so there won't be any risk. Please also let me know the right PPE. That would be great.

See my answer to your other post... you might need a coffee!