Unreliable scaffolder

I am building a wrap around extension. My scaffolder has installed scaffolding to 1st lift but i now need 2nd lift. I have been waiting 2 weeks. My job can not proceed any further so my builders are getting other jobs. 4 times my scaffolder has said he is coming but i left waiting at the house each time for more than 4 hours and noone shows. He doesn't answer calls or respond to messages. My builder believes he is probably juggling clients having taken on too many jobs. What should i do? I am tempted to cut my losses and get another scaffolder but how would i get existing scaffolding taken down. I assume a new scaffolder wouldn't touch another's scaffolding. I tried going to his business address to confront him but his google addresses are phoney. His company's address is a solicitor's office.

6 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Do wonder where conservation officers live on this scale … 

Same as minicab drivers.

They tend to be slightly lower than ecologists.

(many a long hour having to spend a year at university with conservationists and ecologists.  Environmentalists are a different breed, much more general)

7 hours ago, wtrap said:

Thanks. I have followed  your advice and given the scaffolder until tomorrow to carry out 2nd lift or remove scaffolding.  I am a bit nervous how he will redpond 

Let us know how this pans out. In one  week last year we had 2 separate sites where the scaffolders from 2 different companies both put the scaffold up about 200 mm above the walls that we had built. F&#k knows what was going on that week.  On another timber framed building the scaffold was all over the place leaving us to have to lie down on the scaffolding to lay the last 10 courses under the eaves and having to trestle on top of the scaffold to reach other walls. This despite drawing a detailed plan and marking the lift heights on the walls. 

Edited by Canski

Our scaffolders were fine putting the stuff up, but getting down again took forever.  I ended up dropping some of it myself out of frustration (had to 'loose' a couple of bits that got bent...) and leave it all neatly ready for collection. I expected they'd be pi$$ed off that I'd messed with their gear, but they actually knocked a bit off the invoice as I'd done it myself!