Posts and Rope/Chain

8 hours ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Ooh I didn't spot these on Kedel. This could work well if we can drill through them and thread rope and very cheap too and no maintenance. Hmmm, definitely worth considering.

You need to ask whether they wilt in the heat at 40C.

One of the reviews calls them surprisingly flexible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

You need to ask whether they wilt in the heat at 40C.

One of the reviews calls them surprisingly flexible.

Back to concrete filled soil pipe then! 😉

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Onoff said:

You could do top and mid rope for the bulk of the run then say have a gap where you berth with a clip across rope.

I think we would have to leave a complete gap for where we moor with no posts or rope as it makes it easier to access the piling as we chain the boat against it either end.

25 minutes ago, Temp said:

It occurs to me boaters might see posts as convenient things to tie up to. 

Forget rope between the posts. Hang wire between them and a "Danger, electric fence" sign canal side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Fence posts done over the weekend! We got them from Kedel with a pointed end and round flat top 1.5m in length and almost half of them buried with sheer force knocking them in. I ended up driving to them to check out their products and discussing exactly what I wanted and they drilled them 20mm hole for the rope (extra cost) then I got  a man and van a couple of weeks later to pick them up (their delivery fee is a rip off).  They were about £13 each including the drilled hole. Got some rope from Facebook (someone bought 32m from Rope Services) and we got it very cheap. It's about 30 metres in length. Ignore the paving as we will be redoing it. Had to lay some turf where I got up some of the paving flags.

• Like 2