New thermostatic shower always scolding hot

Question

Our plumber has installed a new shower which is scolding hot regardless of how I adjust the temperature tap on it.  The shower is thermostatic controlled.  I tried it for the first time today.  We informed the plumber and he does not want to come back to sort it out.  The shower is still under guarantee.

What should we do?

10 minutes ago, Question said:

Our plumber has installed a new shower which is scolding hot regardless of how I adjust the temperature tap on it.  The shower is thermostatic controlled.  I tried it for the first time today.  We informed the plumber and he does not want to come back to sort it out.  The shower is still under guarantee.

What should we do?

Check if hot goes into the left side of the shower by leaving it go cold, then run it with your hands on each side of the pipes where they come into the valve. If right gets hot, it’s reversed flow. 

10 minutes ago, Question said:

The plumber has connected the hot water to the right side of the shower.  I was able to see as the pipes are visible in the room behind the shower.  Is this correct?

I suspect not. Hot is usually on the left on some mixer it can be changed. 

Not sure if this link is working..

https://youtu.be/2HbNaj2D_-8

Edited by Temp

The shower has a safety feature that one has to click a button on the tap/handle to let the water get hot. At the moment, I can only get scolding hot water whatever I do.  I wonder whether the safety feature is preventing it working OK in reverse flow?

In any case, the instructions have a diagram showing the hot water pipe on the left.  https://s1.thcdn.com/design-assets/product-pdf/bathstore/en_GB/12915461/1646341213114-20007015000.pdf

image.png.2d60b89870ba9cf0550cdcd0a6731ff2.png

Edited by Question

If the hot and cold are reversed the cartridge that is meant to regulate the temperature actually makes things worse... If the flow is a bit too hot, instead of reducing hot and increasing the cold it does the reverse, it increases the hot making it even hotter. In no time at all it's at maximum hot. 

Thanks everyone for your comments. 

It really is a case of our plumber not applying reasonable care and skill.  Not only did he connect the pipes the wrong way around, he never tested the shower to make sure it was working OK.   Not too surprised.