Allowance for 900mm shower tray

Moonshine

I am going through internal stud work, and there is a small alcove for a 900mm shower tray, i want to make sure that i get the timber studs set out right, as door 15 location is critical.

As shown the gap for the shower alcove between the studs is 950mm, what do people think, is this enough to allow for tile backer boards and tiles?

image.png.6589e15d59e483a33322e03f2a290db4.png

33 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Loads. Boards are 12.5mm, tiles no more than 8-10mm each side plus should land on top of the tray so you could go to 930mm and have wiggle room to seal the tray properly. 

930mm sounds sensible especially to get the tiles over the tray.

You should be fine here but I have seen where the width is too great in an alcove and we had to get a special door made.  You can drop the backer boards onto the tray if it is tight but I like an overlap anyway.

https://www.showertraysuk.co.uk/elements-low-profile-shower-trays-stone-resins-rectangle-1800mmx900mm-flat-top

Please note: all MX Elements Shower Trays have a tolerance of +10mm then +/- 3mm at the base, and +6mm then +/- 3mm at the top of the tray.

Clear ? 🙂

Edit: I believe that means the base can range from +7 to +13mm. The top can range from +3 to +9mm.

Or perhaps its .. Base -3 to +13mm, Top -3 to +9mm

Edited by Temp