Advise please

rygel dominar

Hi guys some advise from what I have read a plywood subfloor/overboard over my floorboards what is it even a subfloor or overboard as my floorboards are my subfloor?

They all say online it should be either nailed or screwed down @ 150mm intervals.

Okay, so why 150mm intervals I assume that it's this distance because it offers the best security?

Also I assume you would remove the skirting board to allow for the 10mm expansion gaps.

Please look at the photos this is my current plywood subfloor? Any advise is appreciated thanks.

IMG_20220619_070435.jpg

IMG_20220619_070446.jpg

IMG_20220618_160542.jpg

The ply is nailed at 150 simple to stop it moving 

For tiling or simply to tidy up split floorboards 

If the later it will be very thin and can run right up to the skirtings

If for tiling Skirtings need taking off before tile 

2 hours ago, rygel dominar said:

Hi, I was asking for expert advise on ...

Hello, welcome.

To lower the risk of misunderstanding, the one thing you will not get here, is proper expert advice. Some of the contributors here are indeed expert , for example  @Nickfromwales, @nod and others, but none of us - expert or otherwise - can actually see the bit of work you have in hand. Your job might need more than the recommended nail spacing because of factors we can't see. Or less, perhaps.

It would appear from your other posts elsewhere that there is another agenda here: one in which we simply can't involve ourselves.

May I suggest you ask a properly qualified tradesperson?

• Like 1

The mention of "Landlord" suggests a rental? If so, raise these concerns with the property owner and allow the installer and the person who paid for the work to be do ne to discuss this between themselves would be the 'correct' path here.

As far as the reasons for boarding, if this is a high / multiple occupancy building / flats over flats etc, then the boarding would ( could ) be a fire / smoke barrier and therefore it's installation would ( should then ) have been overseen / inspected by a BCO for correct execution and integrity.

As for nails left sticking out to the point they are damaging the LVT flooring, that is just shite workmanship.

If you're renting this is not really a matter for forum-folk, more for you to take up independently with the person you pay the rent to.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rygel dominar said:

Hi, I was asking for exspert advise on the quality of my current overboarding, As I'm not in the trade/qualified etc I needed to check with others that are to see if my thoughts were correct. 

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/subflooring-issues.593245/#post-5250927

It depends what your putting on top of it...

What was down before?

Sub-floor quality requirement is driven by floor covering type.