Wood chipper - too good to be true?

We have a fair amount of chipping to do and probably will take a while so thinking to buy a chipper. Maybe buy one and sell in a couple of years when the excess branches are all dealt with.

Looking at products seems we can get a chipper for 50mm wood like this Forest Master at £410 But I just came across this which claims 75mm for just £180

Is this "bargain" going to be a pile of cack?

6HP for 50mm and 7HP for 75mm. Humm. The cross sectional area of a 75mm circle is roughly double that of 50mm. 

Doesn't pass the smell test for me but I've never owned one.

It’s only 23” tall …. That would stall the moment it hits something 1” thick never mind 3”..!! 

Find your local hire place and get a decent one - I pay £75/day for a tracked  Lindana TP160 that will swallow 160mm trunks and spit them out as chips .. I reckon we can clear about 2-3 cubic metres an hour of stacked timber. Even a baby Timberwolf will do 100mm with ease and they are £150 a week to hire. 

1 hour ago, Temp said:

6HP for 50mm and 7HP for 75mm. Humm. The cross sectional area of a 75mm circle is roughly double that of 50mm. 

Doesn't pass the smell test for me but I've never owned one.

What is anyone doing chipping something 3" diameter?  That is good firewood.  What a waste.

• Like 2