How to play - The SunAmp Guessing Game

ToughButterCup

28 minutes ago, ProDave said:

The only way I could do that on my cylinder would be to pump from the hot out tapping down to the cold in tapping, but I am sure that would break some water bylaw as there is a risk of contaminating the cold water with hot water,

Is that the case?, in what way could hot water be contaminated? It’s not like the heating loop (with inhibitor) would be involved 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, ProDave said:

but I am sure that would break some water bylaw as there is a risk of contaminating the cold water with hot water

Putting a double check valve may sort that out.

Or put in such a small pump that it could never increase pressure above mains pressure.

Or just for a proper old school gravity fed system.

Odd how many people lament the lack of skills and ingenuity of our old Victorian ancestors, then fit a pressurised water cylinder that does not offer any real benefits, but costs more.

10 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Is that the case?, in what way could hot water be contaminated? It’s not like the heating loop (with inhibitor) would be involved 🤷‍♂️

I was more thinking the cold water could be contaminated with the hot, it would put hot water into a short section of the cold feed pipe, and if there was a drop in mains pressure could that flow back?

I just have a feeling it would break some water bylaw?  anyone care to comment?

If I just put a tee directly on the cold in tapping and one side of the tee was the cold feed and the other side of the tee was my stratification mix feed that would only be a small risk?

The cold feed in to the cylinder I am talking about comes from the pressure reducing set that came with the tank, does that include a non return valve that would stop any possibility of back flow into the house cols water system?

I also have an unused hot water return port, quite high up.  that would be too high for the destratification system, but I recon I could make an extra thermostat pocket out of that which would give me 3 thermostat pockets.

13 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I was more thinking the cold water could be contaminated with the hot, it would put hot water into a short section of the cold feed pipe, and if there was a drop in mains pressure could that flow back?

But it contains the same level of chlorine so I don’t see how hot water in the same cct can contaminate the cold, anyone else?