Do you think this will pass ?

Baz178

No way on knowing without context mate. Some Local Authorities like extensions to have a stepped down roof line and some are not bothered etc.

Chuck it in - you can always amend the drawings if needs be and keep the current application live.

3 minutes ago, Faz said:

No way on knowing without context mate. Some Local Authorities like extensions to have a stepped down roof line and some are not bothered etc.

Chuck it in - you can always amend the drawings if needs be and keep the current application live.

the roof line his stepped down by 500mm which they told me and the double story his step back 2m like they told me in pre app. The target date his 30th of this month and had planning around Tuesday this week not heard anything yet like. 

No surprise on the target date - the planners are all still 'shirking' at home.  You will get a call asking for an extension of time soon - that is the time to pin them down and get it sorted.

I am not sure your drawing is correct, who drew it?

With the extension stepped back from the main house I would expect to see a distinct line in the roof stepping back that your drawings don't show?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I am not sure your drawing is correct, who drew it?

With the extension stepped back from the main house I would expect to see a distinct line in the roof stepping back that your drawings don't show?

it does if you look carefully they only asked for 500mm worse case if they can’t see it either do you think they will just ask for amendment ? I’m sure they not going to refuse it totally for a quick amendment if that all it takes it pass it. 

B94541E4-BA7E-404E-BBEC-87400DC6951E.png

Edited by Baz178

You can never really say, but it doesn’t look too onerous. If you reduced down the parts they said then you have a good chance I’d say!

no news doesn’t mean anything other than they need to be hassled more.

The amount of glazing in the flat extension is a bit of a building regs concern to me. And have you had a price for the roof lantern? 

3 minutes ago, CharlieKLP said:

You can never really say, but it doesn’t look too onerous. If you reduced down the parts they said then you have a good chance I’d say!

no news doesn’t mean anything other than they need to be hassled more.

The amount of glazing in the flat extension is a bit of a building regs concern to me. And have you had a price for the roof lantern? 

no haven’t had a cost for the roof lantern yet why ? And what do you mean building regs concern ? That won’t effect the planning passing will it ? 

11 minutes ago, Baz178 said:

no haven’t had a cost for the roof lantern yet why ? And what do you mean building regs concern ? That won’t effect the planning passing will it ? 

You would still get planning, but it might not pass building regs. It might, but you should check that.

Roof lanterns can be quite expensive, I think you may need some large steels in the construction too. It looks like you’re removing a lot of support for the first floor, is that right?

2 minutes ago, CharlieKLP said:

You would still get planning, but it might not pass building regs. It might, but you should check that.

Roof lanterns can be quite expensive, I think you may need some large steels in the construction too. It looks like you’re removing a lot of support for the first floor, is that right?

yes thats correct all the back house totally out just leaving pillars either side.

3 minutes ago, ETC said:

The drawings are very poor - the planners are probably confused with the elevations since they do not tie up with the plan.

Can you clarify what is new and what is existing?

And it’s side extension and kitchen at the back and the porch on the front 

20 minutes ago, ETC said:

The drawings are very poor - the planners are probably confused with the elevations since they do not tie up with the plan.

Can you clarify what is new and what is existing?

That is what I was trying to say, you should see a diagonal line on the roof where the main roof steps back to the extension roof.  The front elevation suggests is is just the main roof sailing over the extension.  You can be forgiven that mistake if you did them yourself, but if you paid someone, sack them.

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

That is what I was trying to say, you should see a diagonal line on the roof where the main roof steps back to the extension roof.  The front elevation suggests is is just the main roof sailing over the extension.  You can be forgiven that mistake if you did them yourself, but if you paid someone, sack them.

but worse case that will be just an amendment to put right won’t refuse it for a line to be drawn surely they will tell you to alter it. 

4 minutes ago, Baz178 said:

but worse case that will be just an amendment to put right won’t refuse it for a line to be drawn surely they will tell you to alter it. 

Put it right now.  I have found planners not to always be very technical and able to interpret drawings.  If they think from that front elevation that the roof is not stepped back as they want, they might fail it simply because they cannot properly visualise what you are trying to convey.  Or they think you are trying to pull a fast one and give the impression the roof will be stepped back when you have no intention of doing so.

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Put it right now.  I have found planners not to always be very technical and able to interpret drawings.  If they think from that front elevation that the roof is not stepped back as they want, they might fail it simply because they cannot properly visualise what you are trying to convey.  Or they think you are trying to pull a fast one and give the impression the roof will be stepped back when you have no intention of doing so.

but you can visually see it on the side view

1 hour ago, Baz178 said:

yes thats correct all the back house totally out just leaving pillars either side.

7.2m span? That’s probably not going to work for you, you will need a post in there. I assume it’s buildable but I would feel a bit uneasy just taking all the support out of the back wall, get a good builder.

2 minutes ago, CharlieKLP said:

7.2m span? That’s probably not going to work for you, you will need a post in there. I assume it’s buildable but I would feel a bit uneasy just taking all the support out of the back wall, get a good builder.

I am a builder thats what I do big steels 

CF0FF303-232C-42ED-B5EC-BADE4A2E7042.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CharlieKLP said:

Ah good. Still sort of terrifies me but looks like you got it covered!

1inch thick that steel, if it had not been spliced just short of a tone nearly 🙈

The plans and elevations need to be drawn and tied together correctly, which they don’t at present. I’ll be surprised if Planning even register/validate the application on what has currently been drawn to date.

The new rear Bedroom is also missing a part side/return external wall.

Edited by DevilDamo