Introduction

MarkW1979

Hi,

First post here. 

I am a first time self-builder. My partner and I are just about to receive planning permission to build a 4 bedroom 1.75 storey traditional-style house on a plot in West Lothian (167m2). It will be a timber Kit - we are currently working with Claymore Timber Frames who have so far been very good.

I am still ironing out a lot of the details - so looking to speak with people here to help! 

Thanks,

Mark

• Like 1

Welcome! Are you building to a particular energy standard or just trying to do your best against building regs?

Getting planning and finalising your structure is a big step forward and will make life much easier.

We were first timers also, this community made it happen so please stick around and fire away with questions.

First off, we all need to see plot, pics and plans, we love a good nosey!

welcome. another first time self-builder here. our build is watertight stage and I have learnt so much on our journey so far from being hands on and also from this wonderful forum. you can and should spend hours reading the forums and enjoy your journey down the rabbit hole!

10 hours ago, Bitpipe said:

Welcome! Are you building to a particular energy standard or just trying to do your best against building regs?

Thanks all. No particular energy standard. Just trying to build a simple, thermally efficient family home on a tight budget - which was derived from a per square metre estimate 18 months ago which is probably no longer applicable! 

11 hours ago, MarkW1979 said:

Hi,

First post here. 

I am a first time self-builder. My partner and I are just about to receive planning permission to build a 4 bedroom 1.75 storey traditional-style house on a plot in West Lothian (167m2). It will be a timber Kit - we are currently working with Claymore Timber Frames who have so far been very good.

I am still ironing out a lot of the details - so looking to speak with people here to help! 

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark, we are in south Lanarkshire, we built in 2018 with a claymore timber frame, very good company to deal with probably because you are dealing directly with one of the brothers (Willie and Gordon) who actually own the business. Would be happy to talk to you if you need anything 

3 hours ago, jdep3 said:

Hi everyone! I am new here. I found this forum really interested and informative. Excited to be the part of this community:)

welcome. don't be afraid to start your own introduction thread where you can give details about your project. 🙂 

• Like 1