Internal Insulation - Solid Brick Wall

jayc89

@jayc89 I'm back reading this thread and informative as it is still remain none the wiser and undecided regarding which IWI build up to use in my house refurb, with existing walls as yours.

Did you complete the job yet?

IIRC reading another thread you did opt for the warm batten/PIR and gypsum build up.

If so can you let me know how you eventually settled on that particular build-up and how it is performing? 

Edited by Annker

11 hours ago, Annker said:

@jayc89 I'm back reading this thread and informative as it is still remain none the wiser and undecided regarding which IWI build up to use in my house refurb, with existing walls as yours.

Did you complete the job yet?

IIRC reading another thread you did opt for the warm batten/PIR and gypsum build up.

If so can you let me know how you eventually settled on that particular build-up and how it is performing? 

Ive just done the walls of my workshop, which are concrete block inner / 75mm cavity / concrete block outer.

100mm of pir with battens. Foil faced both sides and taped.

However the software still siggested a degree on moisture build up in the walls. Adding a decent vapour barrier fixed that. So thats what i did.

Does it work, yes, very much so. Will it never get the dew point in the wall? Dont know. No way of knowing, but i put very much worst case numbers in to the software.

Would i do this on a a wall with no DPC? Definetely not.

• Like 1