Burst fill valve hose in concealed cistern

AliG

This morning I thought I could hear water running somewhere but didn’t investigate.

Just went into the pool room to change the timer on the filters and found this-

Should I get the original pipe? It is a Noken Smart Line cistern and I probably could get one in a week.

Or could I just use any braided pipe that fits?

Always been suspicious of these concealed cisterns built into the wall but this seems an easy enough fix.

I think I have found someone who sells the correct part, although it has a different part number.

Seems a bit odd that the pipe would blow, do you think the plumber damaged it installing it?

IMG_576F0E858959-1.jpeg

1 minute ago, AliG said:

We're not sort of other working toilets thankfully!

Yes, very claustrophobic at yours......... :D 

Get the correct part, you may just find it was twisted during fitting which would have been the beginning of the end for that flexi.

• 9 months later...

Another one of these pipes burst today.

At 430am I thought I could hear my daughter taking a shower, then I realised after about 20 minutes that didn't make any sense.

I got up and the en suite was busy flooding.

Figured out another one of these had gone, but this time instead of spraying into the cistern it was spraying against the flush plate and coming out.

Got soaked with my finger in the hole while I switched it off.

Then went downstairs to find enough water had got out around the flush plate into the wall that it had started to drip down through the kitchen ceiling, so now that will need fixed. Luckily just a small area. It was around the edge of the cooker hood, so I will wait a bit to allow that to dry out before trying it.

Hopefully the water will dry out inside the bulkhead as there is no way to get in there easily.

Further investigation suggests that flexi pipes may only be good for 5-10 years which scares me as we have quite a lot of them connecting things up.

I am going to buy a load of these ones that go in the cisterns and replace any that look dodgy. I checked two out, one looked like new, the other was covered in rust spots. Not sure what the difference between them was as they were in almost identical bathrooms.

Don't wish to sound smug, but I see flexi pipes as just a way to be lazy with plumbing.  All mine have soldered copper bent and positioned just right to join to the cisterns without any flexi's.

What do the proper plumbers say?

I have ordered 10 replacement pipes so that I can replace any that appear damaged and have some spares.

I am thinking of putting thicker rubber piping around the braided hose, so that if one bursts the rubber pipe directs that water into the cistern. Then we should hear the sprain water/see it running into the cistern but it won't go everywhere causing a flood before I get a chance to fix it.

Can anyone think of a problem with this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcing-map-Clear-Vinly-Tubing/dp/B07T1YD3YY/ref=sr_1_10?content-id=amzn1.sym.6a8bca00-2c99-4bbb-a0d6-1d9660235317&keywords=rubber+tubing+30mm&pd_rd_r=d59344b0-1524-4045-8878-b6370eee9530&pd_rd_w=59ejy&pd_rd_wg=ScRvM&pf_rd_p=6a8bca00-2c99-4bbb-a0d6-1d9660235317&pf_rd_r=5CYG4FSHW6S8BJDCYR10&qid=1674885972&sr=8-10