Hello!

Bemak

Modelled this approach up as an old option with black timber cladding but the building isn't long enough so the other elevation looks too short. Also, a valley like that in an area with a lot of trees is only asking for trouble

IMG-20211010-WA0035.jpg

Edited by Bemak

1 hour ago, ETC said:

@BemakA small sketch.

12EE8084-1E95-43CF-8E70-B8AC750ABD46.png

This style of house is a common sight in the countryside at the moment as the "modern" take on the Irish vernacular. Standing seam, tight verge and eaves. There's nothing unique about it at this stage. Not a criticism of what you've drawn - just not my kinda thing

Thanks for taking the time to do the sketch though!

5 hours ago, Bemak said:

This style of house is a common sight in the countryside at the moment as the "modern" take on the Irish vernacular. Standing seam, tight verge and eaves. There's nothing unique about it at this stage. Not a criticism of what you've drawn - just not my kinda thing

Thanks for taking the time to do the sketch though!

No problem for the sketch.

I was alluding to Irish rural architecture with the form and materials in a way I don’t think your proposal does - unfortunately. The current trend for this type of aesthetic is - in my opinion - more relevant to Irish rural architecture than anything I’ve seen in a long time - but each to his own.

I’m not a fan of the duality created by the double gables and the internal valley is - I agree - not a great idea.

I look forward to seeing your final design. Please keep us posted.