Bathroom layout, options sought

cwr

Hi folks.

Having last minute rethink over toilet/bath positioning. Would be good hear others opinions.

In one arrangement the toilet partially blocks good access to the sink/vanity unit if the latter is a fairly wide one, ie greater than 800mm. In the other the bath is getting rather close to the shower, but doesn't restrict our vanity unit options.

What d'you all think?

thumbnail_image (8).png

thumbnail_image (7).png

Thanks for the replies.

Sketching it up it is tight for WC, sink and towel rad on wall where bath was. Unless rad is under window but that'll not be acceptable as have to have a tall one.

I did realise today that I can gain back 200mm in the first layout by using a toilet with a concealed cistern, which could be placed in the room behind. Can't think why that wouldn't work..

3 minutes ago, cwr said:

I did realise today that I can gain back 200mm in the first layout by using a toilet with a concealed cistern, which could be placed in the room behind. Can't think why that wouldn't work..

The occupant of the room behind will NOT thank you for doing that, with the noise of the thing flushing and refilling every time.  Outside wall is a FAR better place for it.

14 hours ago, ProDave said:

The occupant of the room behind will NOT thank you for doing that, with the noise of the thing flushing and refilling every time.  Outside wall is a FAR better place for it.

Ok fair point, tho the room behind is an en suite and the cistern would be boxed in beside the one in the ensuite. The toilet's are nearly back to back.

Does the bath foul the door opening if you put irt on the other side?

Does it help to have a bowl in the corner, catty-cornered?

I'd try and lose the shower doors, and have a single fixed screen just siliconed at the bottom.

Also, I think there may be potential having the bath across the far end.

F