How to attach a tv mount to a soundproofed wall

Adsibob

We spent a small fortune narrowing the width of our room by a few inches so that we could build a false wall to soundproof the party wall. We have SbX boards which are filled with a honeycomb membrane of sand mounted on some metal studs which are isolated from the party wall with sound insulation mineral wool fills the voids. On top of the Sbx is soundproof plasterboard, two layers with the joints staggered. It's a very effective setup. I am now thinking that it might make sense to put a tv bracket on that wall, but I don't want to compromise the sound proofing by drilling into the wall for the fixings. Some people have suggested green glue can help seal the fixing points, but I'm not sure how that work.

There is an alternative which is for the TV to just sit on a cupboard (which is going under the TV location anyway, but if I do that i need to somehow find a way of elevating the TV stand (which has a rather large oval shaped base) by 12cm to make space for the soundbar to sit underneath it.

our makeshift raising of the TV to fit the Soundbar underneath.

IMG_2655.jpeg.6773a0b75a4b8a06096e572ed47f74f9.jpeg

I'm sure it could be neater but as we're demolishing this house I didn't want to spend time or money on it but I guess it might give you an idea.

The problem is (and this is a very middle classed problem) that the soundbar is curved and has speakers on half of the top, so really nothing should sit on top of it as I imagine it would interfere with the Atmos projection.

Sonos Arc Smart Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos & Voice Control, Black

Edited by Adsibob

You need a VESA tv desk stand. 

some examples  https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=vesa+tv+stand&_sacat=0

Check the mounting hole spacing and weight limit before buying.

Use this instead of the stand that came with the tv and you can adjust the height to fit the sound bar underneath.

• Thanks 1