Solar commissioning certificate?

Barryscotland

Building control are asking for a Solar commissioning certificate for our new build, if you've self installed them how have you went about getting one of these? Sure I was told in the past that I only needed one if I was on a tarriff where I was being paid for energy produced? Sparky has signed of on all the AC stuff already.

12 minutes ago, Barryscotland said:

Building control are asking for a Solar commissioning certificate for our new build, if you've self installed them how have you went about getting one of these? ...

I haven't . And I haven't been asked for one.  Yet.  (that important little word)

Thanks for posting this thread.  A quick google (other search engines  are available) found OFGEM saying this . The publication includes a checklist for Commissioning Certification . I think though, that the document might be specific to FIT installations - looks like another minefield to navigate .... arghhhh. 

Maybe - just maybe, your electrician will be able to confirm that the system has been commissioned?

5 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Did you get it signed off by a structural engineer, assuming it is roof mounted.

That is the only thing, apart from all the kit being approved (manufacturers datasheet should cover that) that you may need.

The truss company knew it was getting panels from the drawings so presumably it was taken into account and they did there own calcs an certified them. 

4 minutes ago, Barryscotland said:

The truss company knew it was getting panels from the drawings so presumably it was taken into account and they did there own calcs an certified them. 

Send that in for the SE side, the electrical certificate, the inverter certificate of conformity and the agreement with the DNO. Can't think you would need anything else.

But just incase, list the mounting system components and manufacturers.

Ask the building inspector to show you which particular building reg number says you have to have a certificate?

I was not asked for one, the electrical connection was covered by the EIC.  The DNO had already approved the connection.  I had all the documents relating to that if they had asked.