Soffit Facia

learner

Hi Experts

I need to fit my S&F's but cant decide...

The house is clad in real wood TG weather board, some stained and some white paint and a lot of pain and money has gone in.

I have anthracite windows and facias need to match

I don't think i can bring myself to add plastic or foam facias on it, i really don't want any nasty looking stuff. £50ish per meter.

So, i go for aluminium, looks great but £100ish per meter.

What is wrong with timber at £20ish per meter, primed and  painted. Ii know there's a chance it will rot over time but as the entire house wood, i cant see a problem, although my V V Good builder and others say its no good.

All the timber will need maintenance over time...

Any other options or advise is welcome..

2 hours ago, learner said:

Hi Experts

I need to fit my S&F's but cant decide...

The house is clad in real wood TG weather board, some stained and some white paint and a lot of pain and money has gone in.

I have anthracite windows and facias need to match

I don't think i can bring myself to add plastic or foam facias on it, i really don't want any nasty looking stuff. £50ish per meter.

So, i go for aluminium, looks great but £100ish per meter.

What is wrong with timber at £20ish per meter, primed and  painted. Ii know there's a chance it will rot over time but as the entire house wood, i cant see a problem, although my V V Good builder and others say its no good.

All the timber will need maintenance over time...

Any other options or advise is welcome..

Sorry should be £50 per 5m

I have siberian larch soffits and very expensive silicone render system...but opted fir cheap black ash fascias in plastic...they actually look really good. 

I was limited by the fascia depth at 300mm odd deep. Other option for no maintenance is fibre cement . I have black fibre cement cladding too. 

20220219_170046.jpg

20220217_174226.jpg

20220123_153345.jpg

20220123_153330.jpg

20220123_153115.jpg

20211227_145550.jpg

20211227_145253.jpg

20211227_145144.jpg

Unless you knew what you were looking at aluminium and uPVC soffit and fascia look the same, because the aluminium is generally powder coated; so is plastic coated.  I saved the money and spent elsewhere.

Also the uPVC is much easier to work with.

15 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

If you want the look of aluminium but not the cost then go for steel, with a coating, I have greencoat from metal solutions in Bolton this is on my roof and I wish I had used it for facia as well. 
I can see me fitting it over my wooden facia in a few years time when I get fed up with staining it.  

I just took delivery of an end of coil of Greencoat to repair my garage roof. I don't need a huge amount but the coil is 47kgs which should give me 17 metres at 600mm wide. I’m using the leftover to replace some of the Eurocell soffits we ended up with around the balcony, mainly so I get a better match.

With delivery it works out at less that £20 per meter although it will still need cut and formed.