Insulation with external rendering?

BML

Well obviously I have been unlucky.  Before you commit to something, you want to make sure the product is suitable for your location and the weather exposure you are likely to get, and be sure it has up to date certification and a manufacturer that has some interest in customer satisfaction.

I would NOT under any circumstances recommend the Baumit.Com render that is the subject of my woes and documented already

We have a site coming up with around 200 houses half rendered 
Baumit render systems are pushing me to use there product 

Great prices and and excellent range 

But UK wise they are the new kid on the block It’s far safer to use the established players K Rend Webber etc

When I first started using through coloured renders Some 40 years ago there was one company Cem-Rend Now there’s loads 

As Dave says Choose carefully 

Just to add K doesn’t require a scratch coat Which eliminates the delaminating problems 

Edited by nod

Yes please do yourself a favour and don't use Baumit.  I will be posting another post on that thread with a shockingly poor response from them that should put anyone off ever entertaining their product.

@Nod  If you wanted to waste some time, you could get the Baumit rep to look at your job, then quietly mention my thread and their total lack of interest in even coming to have a look to try and work out what went wrong and then let him know you have ruled out using it on your job because of their lack of interest when things go wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nod said:

We have a site coming up with around 200 houses half rendered 
Baumit render systems are pushing me to use their product 

Great prices and and excellent range 

But UK wise they are the new kid on the block It’s far safer to use the established players K Rend Webber etc

When I first started using through coloured renders Some 40 years ago there was one company Cem-Rend Now there’s loads 

As Dave says Choose carefully 

Just to add K doesn’t require a scratch coat Which eliminates the delaminating problems 

Quote this to Austria, with no names, if Nod permits.

I am nervous about using renders that work in central Europe/ the Alps as it is a very different weather.

21 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Now if Nod was to ask the rep to visit ProDave to see the issue, and report back on why that won't be  a problem on 200 houses.....and sort the issue at the same time, then there are lots of winners.

Render can go wrong For all sorts of reasons K Rend offer the best guarantee

by far 

In Daves case K would have stood the materials and scaffolding and would stand the labour at the very least Probably would have stood all 

There reps look to solve any issues really quickly Webber always blame the contractor