Vent-Axia Sentinel Kinetic Advance S

Anyone have any experience of this unit.

I have a floor space of around 210m2 think I will need between 300-400 m3/h

Intrested in the Vent-Axia Sentinel Kinetic Advance S as it has a smaller form factor but I am worried it will be loud as the air has to move within a smaller area (I think it has smaller filters than a comparable unit etc)

48 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

How is that an advantage on a MVHR unit that does a very basic job.

I agree, would definitely prefer the basic one if the app/WiFi is the only reason for the extra cost. No wonder we have a semiconductor shortage

• 1 year later...

@gavztheouch and @Happy Valley just seen this thread with you discussing the Vent-Axia Sentinel Kinetic Advance S. Looking at this unit myself.

May I ask did you install it? If so, what do you think of it when running? As quiet as you would have hoped? Normal vs boost?

Did you use an ePM2.5 filter?

Any opinions much appreciated thank very much.

20 hours ago, Johnny Jekyll said:

@gavztheouch and @Happy Valley just seen this thread with you discussing the Vent-Axia Sentinel Kinetic Advance S. Looking at this unit myself.

May I ask did you install it? If so, what do you think of it when running? As quiet as you would have hoped? Normal vs boost?

Did you use an ePM2.5 filter?

Any opinions much appreciated thank very much.

Our builders installed it. Fairly simple process once the design and runs had been worked out. 

You barely notice it when running - only if we leave the door open to the utility/plant room do we here the machine itself and runs are completely quiet. We turned our airflow down as we found it too much - it was at 60% and now its running at 40%. 

We've just used the supply filters and just put pollen ones in after 6 months. These are aftermarket ones so unlikely to be ePM2.5

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Happy Valley said:

Our builders installed it. Fairly simple process once the design and runs had been worked out. 

You barely notice it when running - only if we leave the door open to the utility/plant room do we here the machine itself and runs are completely quiet. We turned our airflow down as we found it too much - it was at 60% and now its running at 40%. 

We've just used the supply filters and just put pollen ones in after 6 months. These are aftermarket ones so unlikely to be ePM2.5

Thanks very much @Happy Valley , may I ask what the total square meterage size of the house is?

Mine is 130 square metres (65 downstairs 65 upstairs) so that unit would be easily big enough. 

19 hours ago, Johnny Jekyll said:

Thanks very much @Happy Valley , may I ask what the total square meterage size of the house is?

Mine is 130 square metres (65 downstairs 65 upstairs) so that unit would be easily big enough. 

We are 160 sq m with 100 sq m on the top floor as is built into a hill. It more than copes with this area.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Happy Valley said:

We are 160 sq m with 100 sq m on the top floor as is built into a hill. It more than copes with this area.

Last question @Happy Valley - did BPC provide you with airflow calculations etc for building control? I know the commissioning with report come after install, just wondering if BPC provide airflow calcs as part of their service? Thanks, last question on this.

10 hours ago, Johnny Jekyll said:

Last question @Happy Valley - did BPC provide you with airflow calculations etc for building control? I know the commissioning with report come after install, just wondering if BPC provide airflow calcs as part of their service? Thanks, last question on this.

BPC do provide airflow calculations. Building Control will require a commissioning report. Have a look at the thread enclosed.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2023 at 12:41, Happy Valley said:

You barely notice it when running - only if we leave the door open to the utility/plant room do we here the machine itself and runs are completely quiet. 

Hi, this sounds promising - I'm at the stage of deciding what MVHR to purchase. So far, have had Zehnder Comfoair Q350 system run on 90mm ducting quoted from Paul (no way we're paying over £7000), Vent Axia FH from BPC run on 75mm ducting (£2500).

Reading this thread, I will enquire the BPC about the Advance S unit, as minimising the noise is important for me (equally to the long-term reliability of it, hopefully).

@Happy Valley Has your's been installed with or without the acoustic enclosure and/or top box?

If not, what type of a silencer has been used? 

Edited by Ola

1 hour ago, Ola said:

Hi, this sounds promising - I'm at the stage of deciding what MVHR to purchase. So far, have had Zehnder Comfoair Q350 system run on 90mm ducting quoted from Paul (no way we're paying over £7000), Vent Axia FH from BPC run on 75mm ducting (£2500).

Reading this thread, I will enquire the BPC about the Advance S unit, as minimising the noise is important for me (equally to the long-term reliability of it, hopefully).

@Happy Valley Has your's been installed with or without the acoustic enclosure and/or top box?

If not, what type of a silencer has been used? 

There is no enclosure or top box. 

The manifolds are Quiet Vent in the loft whilst the unit is in the utility/plant roof on the ground floor. We used the semi flexible Quiet Vent silencer off the unit itself before connecting to the pipes to the manifolds.

39 minutes ago, Happy Valley said:

There is no enclosure or top box. 

The manifolds are Quiet Vent in the loft whilst the unit is in the utility/plant roof on the ground floor. We used the semi flexible Quiet Vent silencer off the unit itself before connecting to the pipes to the manifolds.

Thanks for your reply.

@Ola did you reach a decision between the Vent Axia Advance S on 75mm ducting versus the Zehnder Comfoair Q350 on 90mm ducting?

I really want to go for the Zehnder but at twice the price I'm struggling to press the button on it.

The Zehnder benefits include:

- pre-heater (not sure I need that in London)

- 160mm and 90mm ducts (which is of course better airflow)

- it can take the F7 ePM1.0 filters which are also big in physical size (the Advance S can take F7 ePM2.5 filters but I believe the actual size of their filters is smaller)

The Zehnder will be quieter and overall better, but is it worth twice the price?

Others feel free to jump in and bash me over the head with something!

On 13/04/2023 at 00:39, Johnny Jekyll said:

@Ola did you reach a decision between the Vent Axia Advance S on 75mm ducting versus the Zehnder Comfoair Q350 on 90mm ducting?

I really want to go for the Zehnder but at twice the price I'm struggling to press the button on it.

The Zehnder benefits include:

- pre-heater (not sure I need that in London)

- 160mm and 90mm ducts (which is of course better airflow)

- it can take the F7 ePM1.0 filters which are also big in physical size (the Advance S can take F7 ePM2.5 filters but I believe the actual size of their filters is smaller)

The Zehnder will be quieter and overall better, but is it worth twice the price?

Others feel free to jump in and bash me over the head with something!

@Johnny Jekyll A guy from BPC I spoke to (Chris), said the Zehnder Q350 will be quieter - now awaiting a quote from them with the Zehnder unit and the 90mm ducting (they've already quoted for the Z. unit but with 75mm ducting, nearly £4k) 

We're so torn on this one and considering the exact points you have mentioned. How much of a real benefit would this system be compared to Vent Axia and 75mm ducting? 

Or maybe to get the Zehnder (quieter and capable of taking F7 filters) with cheaper 75mm ducting and all the rest bits and bobs from a lower range...?

We have definitely ruled out Paul. It might be 'a Mercedes' what they offer, but well overpriced for our budget.

Edited by Ola