Courier reqd for Kitchen Sink - Urgent!

I bought a kitchen sink. I bought it in haste. It cost a little short of £300.00.

1050 x 600 x 300. 15 kg.

I then bought a different sink.  I contacted the supplier (300 miles away in the North East) and arranged a return for the original sink.

But ...

Now I that just about every courier company includes sinks on their list of excluded items, viz:

"Prohibited Items:

The following items (or any item similar in description or content) can not be carried on any service.

Any person sending such an item may be subject to their order being cancelled without notice:

• Active Model Phones Outside The EU
  • Aerosol
  • Aftershaves
  • Airbag
  • Ammunition
  • Animals Of Any Form (Alive Or Dead)"

etc etc etc 

Help!  Anyone any suggestions for a courier who will ship the sink back ?!? Can't leave it too much longer ...

3 minutes ago, NSS said:

Have you asked the original supplier which courier they use?

Yes. "UKMail". But they are set up for the business market. Getting a one off with them is very difficult - they dont answer the phone.

Seems to me that sink suppliers do special deals with courier companies, who then only courier in one direction!

3 minutes ago, NSS said:

And the supplier won't even arrange a collection if you pay?

I would not recommend this supplier. They just suggested I "fill in the UKMail Form". 

UKMail have a subsidiary "https://www.ukmail.com/parcel-services/ipostparcels". Unfortunately IPostParcels only carry items up to a certain size - and of course my sink is slightly bigger than their standard size !

Get yourself over to Interparcel, basically a broker: https://uk.interparcel.com/

I have business accounts with TNT and UPS but actually find these guys to be cheaper.

I probably use these guys on average of once a week - never had an issue yet and you can deal directly with the courier you then choose to book with.

Just get the sink well boxed up and send away - if sinks are on some list then say it is ceramic components. I don't know the dims and weight but I just got a price as an idea for a 25Kg package 500 x 500 x 500 from one end of the country to the other and it was about £12 with tax.

These guys are brilliant for eBay sales. I send gearboxes and differentials and all sorts with them - heavy heavy objects.

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fallingditch said:

Thanks for the suggestion but they seem to insure to a max of £50 ... and I need more than that. (Also BTW its a stainless steel sink so it not actually prohibited with Interparcel)

No they will offer up to a grand, just type the value into the box then it will ask if you want extra cover, will cost a bit more but if you want it for peace of mind then it is worth it. 

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fallingditch said:

Seemed to work !  Thanks @Carrerahill !! (Via UPS in the end)

No worries, I will help with all I can on this forum as much as I can as I am sure going to have a fair number of questions for you guys!

UPS are pretty good. I would rate them amongst the best of the bunch.