Wall Tap brands?

Hi guys,

I'm in the middle of purchasing plumbing gear and have already bought my geberit toilet frames and hansgrohe shower valves from megabad 

Toilets

https://www.megabad.com/hersteller-geberit-spuelkaesten-montageelemente-unterputz-spuelkasten-a-216944.htm

Showers

https://www.megabad.com/hersteller-hansgrohe-showerselect-thermostate-unterputz-2-a-212325.htm

So next purchase is going to be wall taps, and i'm wondering about what brands people would recommend?  I have been having a good look around and there is a site tapswhareshouse that seems to have some good prices on the brands i have heard of vado and crosswater.  The Grohe/Hansgrohe wall taps are very expensive.  The front plate and basic body are nearly double the price of the crosswater taps!

They also have brands like Vellamo which seem to have very similar specs to the crosswater etc.  Solid brass/Ceramic Disc etc etc.  

Has anyone used them?  Would i be mad to skimp on such an item?

Thanks

Damian

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

+1 on Crosswater and Vado, not heard of Vellamo TBH. 

Just check that the taps are entirely serviceable from the front. Maybe a good idea to source some replacement cartridges now, and stash them for later in life. ;)

Good advice.

Yeah i'm just thinking this may not be the place to try and save a few quid

On 24/04/2017 at 10:29, DeeJunFan said:

Hi guys,

I'm in the middle of purchasing plumbing gear and have already bought my geberit toilet frames and hansgrohe shower valves from megabad 

Toilets

https://www.megabad.com/hersteller-geberit-spuelkaesten-montageelemente-unterputz-spuelkasten-a-216944.htm

Showers

https://www.megabad.com/hersteller-hansgrohe-showerselect-thermostate-unterputz-2-a-212325.htm

So next purchase is going to be wall taps, and i'm wondering about what brands people would recommend?  I have been having a good look around and there is a site tapswhareshouse that seems to have some good prices on the brands i have heard of vado and crosswater.  The Grohe/Hansgrohe wall taps are very expensive.  The front plate and basic body are nearly double the price of the crosswater taps!

They also have brands like Vellamo which seem to have very similar specs to the crosswater etc.  Solid brass/Ceramic Disc etc etc.  

Has anyone used them?  Would i be mad to skimp on such an item?

Thanks

Damian

now that we have finally started building I really need to get our bathrooms sorted, I had a look before but got distracted.

Where did you get or plan to get the toilets, sinks, bath, shower fittings etc from. I have two quotes from local suppliers and the prices aren't fully itemised and are very expensive.

I had been thinking about a wall mounted bath filler and like you found that Hansgrohe while really nice looking are extremely expensive.

Was the Megabad order painless?

We have Crosswater throught the 4 bathrooms in our house, the quality excellent and the aftersales too, when they were comissioned there was an issue with one of the shower valves and a replacement was couriered for next day delivery by crosswater. All ours came from our local bathroom supplier, they were really helpful in the design and recomending everything for us in the numerouse visits that we made there over the 12 month we visited, and they knew that are budgets were tight so they spent a day trawling through the web to.match the best internet prices they could find on thier quote to us. Over all we spent around £12k on kitting out 4 bathrooms and 1 cloakroom, with a mixture of Imperial, Merlyn, Crosswater, Heritage and Simpsons stuff. Theres a lot to be said for using local over internet, they stored it all for us and delivered it as required so there was nothing expensive sitting onsite for long to be stolen, and we lost a 2 shower drains somehow which I just popped to get replacements which they let me have free of charge.

7 hours ago, volcane said:

now that we have finally started building I really need to get our bathrooms sorted, I had a look before but got distracted.

Where did you get or plan to get the toilets, sinks, bath, shower fittings etc from. I have two quotes from local suppliers and the prices aren't fully itemised and are very expensive.

I had been thinking about a wall mounted bath filler and like you found that Hansgrohe while really nice looking are extremely expensive.

Was the Megabad order painless?

Megabad order was fine but we were using a Euro card.  Likely would have been as easy otherwise.

Invoice in German isn't great but there you go.

We are only buying the things that are really much cheaper there.

Wall taps etc we will get in the UK as the stuff the have on megabad is just too expensive.

We went to a few local places and one did up some designs but we didn't end up going with most of what the suggested.  

• Like 1