Can Self Levelling or feathering compound go on Caber-deck chipboard?

revelation

Is it possible to use a self-levelling type compound on Caberdek type tongue and groove floorboards?  We have some engineered floorboards to install that we wanted to glue down.  But the manufacturers instructions state that they can not be glued down to Caberdek chipboards.  We can't float as we are having UFH heating.

Any other possible solutions would be considered. 

5 hours ago, revelation said:

But the manufacturers instructions state that they can not be glued down to Caberdek chipboards. 

Do they state that ..? Or does it say should not be bonded to a chipboard deck but laid floating ..? Just adding a 2-3mm skim of SLC won’t really help you so I would think carefully and possibly post a copy of the MIs here. 

19 hours ago, joe90 said:

I used self levelling compound to “bury” the electric floor heating element in our en suite and that is on caberdeck. LVT on top and no probs .

I was thinking of having LVT initially but my fitter advised that It would first need to be plyed then feathered before LVT could be put down.

19 hours ago, JohnMo said:

You just have to make sure what you purchase is suitable, as some are not flexible enough.

You can float engineered flooring with UFH, you just need the correct underlay.

The engineered floor that I have is tongue and grove.  If it was click then it would be fine, but on this, as the joints would be glued if floated they have advised it could be an issue.

https://woodpeckerflooring.co.uk/product/harlech-rustic-oak/  this is a link for the flooring, I have spoken to them and they have said they wouldn't advise floating with glueing the joints.

19 hours ago, PeterW said:

Do they state that ..? Or does it say should not be bonded to a chipboard deck but laid floating ..? Just adding a 2-3mm skim of SLC won’t really help you so I would think carefully and possibly post a copy of the MIs here. 

The flooring is by Woodpecker https://woodpeckerflooring.co.uk/product/harlech-rustic-oak/ this is where it states it is suitable for UFH only when stuck down.    Through my conversation with woodpecker they have said that it cant be glued to caberdeck and I would need to ply first (I would prefer not to as it will take more time and will be expensive) .

The other alternative they mentioned was to 'float' without glueing the joints but to lay on an adhesive underlay https://woodpeckerflooring.co.uk/product/solitec/ , but they did warn that can be tricky to use and once it is down you cant adjust a board.

4 hours ago, revelation said:

I was thinking of having LVT initially but my fitter advised that It would first need to be plyed then feathered before LVT could be put down.

Well I have LVT without UFH in the family bathroom glued directly to caberdeck and no problems at all, I don’t see why it would need ply, caberdeck is very stable ?‍♂️

7 hours ago, joe90 said:

Well I have LVT without UFH in the family bathroom glued directly to caberdeck and no problems at all, I don’t see why it would need ply, caberdeck is very stable ?‍♂️

I wonder if it's something to do with the coating on the surface of the Caberdek which is making them apprehensive about gluing to it.

6 hours ago, revelation said:

How did you sand it?  I think the issue was with where there were any seems and where the boards had been screwed.

Just a sanding block with 80 grit paper to take the shine of the boards. Seems are flat (after glue scrapped off) and no screws used on my floor, glued only.