Slumping garage roof

CrispDust

Very grateful for all the advice here.

Re possible foundations  issue. I have checked both inner and outer walls - no signs of any cracks thru blocks or motar, vertical or horizontal.  No cracks evident on concrete floor.

Im pretty confident this issue wasn't present 6-9 months ago as I took almost everything out of the garage to clear out juck re-position shelving units and sweep the floor.

Again, many thankis for all your advice.

There's always small claims court...... if push comes to shove!

22 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

If you DIY this it will be very inexpensive and fairly simple.

Yes it is, but you should still tell your insurer first and ask for their advice/instruction. 

1. if you don't, then the garage basically becomes uninsured in my opinion.

2. they might pay for it all, and if it is easy enough simply permit you to do it and give you the money for it and your own work. Also they might pick up some other issues that can be fixed at the same time.

3. when you sell the house, the garage will be properly constructed. The next surveyor might notice that it has been altered  and create an issue,

On 23/11/2021 at 12:47, ToughButterCup said:

Just a thought, why has it taken (say) 6 full years to 'move' ?

The roof timbers will have been slowly creeping and shedding load to other parts of the structure.. which have just eventually given up the ghost.. hence the sudden appearance of the opening mortar beds.

• Like 1