UFH loops under build in wardrobes

Conor

I know to avoid putting wet ufh loops under kitchen cabinets, shower trays, baths etc. But what about wardrobes and other semi permanent furniture? 

We have low eaves on our first floor (1.2m wall plate) and will eventually put built in cabinets along most of these sections in bedrooms. 

Is it ok to put UFH loops under areas likely (but not certain) to have built in cabinets? Would only be used for storing linen etc. Can't see an issue myself?

Edited by Conor

Wet UFH is fine under cabinets because the temperature is regulated by the water temp. You cannot put cabinets etc. On top of electric UFH as they generate local hot spots …. Even leaving a towel or at on the floor seriously heats up the floor underneath.

• Thanks 1

The done thing is not to put UFH under cabinets etc.

However, I notice in our house that because of this when you stand near the kitchen island the floor is annoyingly cold.

You don't want it under showers due to evaporation I guess also under a larder cupboard and made under the fridge and freezer as they would have to work a little harder to stay cold. Otherwise I don't see why it can't be put everywhere.

9 hours ago, AliG said:

However, I notice in our house that because of this when you stand near the kitchen island the floor is annoyingly cold.

I did they same, heels ok, toes cold.

In bedrooms I didn't but UFH pipes below the beds, as in previous house we had them below the bed and felt like I was melting in bed

Bedrooms don't need as much heat, partly because they get incidental heat from the rooms below, and partly because most people want a cooler bedroom. so if putting any heating upstairs I would not put it under the proposed built in wardrobes.

But it will depend on insulation levels you are proposing.  That could result in anything from no heat at all needed upstairs to built in wardrobes are cold due to excessive heat loss from them through the walls and roof.