Help needed re Kingspan ASHP

Taf

18 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

May be worth specifying the problem, apart from living on the Hertfordshire-Cambridgeshire border.

I think a Kingspan unit is a rebadged Carrier unit, so most air-conditioning companies should be able to help.

18 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

May be worth specifying the problem, apart from living on the Hertfordshire-Cambridgehire border.

I think a Kingspan unit is a rebadged Carrier unit, so most air-conditioning companies should be able to help.

Apologies I am a newbie to the forum. 

The problem I have is the unit seems a bit inefficient. It heats up the hot water tank but takes several hours to heat the tank - the inlet pipes get hot quickly so I can get hot water from the ASHP. When I ask for underfloor heating I can feel a bit of heat on the floor but nothing hot and for the upstairs normal rads the heating does not come on. I can hear the Kingspan unit working and I have no errors showing however the pipes seem to go cold. I am trying to work out where the problem lies if I can get hot water but no heating. I am trying to work out if the unit needs a recharge or is it a thermostat issue?

12 hours ago, joe90 said:

Yes tell us the problem/fault, I have one (self installed).

Apologies I am a newbie to the forum. 

The problem I have is the unit seems a bit inefficient. It heats up the hot water tank but takes several hours to heat the tank - the inlet pipes get hot quickly so I can get hot water from the ASHP. When I ask for underfloor heating I can feel a bit of heat on the floor but nothing hot and for the upstairs normal rads the heating does not come on. I can hear the Kingspan unit working and I have no errors showing however the pipes seem to go cold. I am trying to work out where the problem lies if I can get hot water but no heating. I am trying to work out if the unit needs a recharge or is it a thermostat issue?

Right.  This seems very similar to someone else on here who had a problem.

If the flow pipe from the ASHP is getting hot, there is not a problem there.

I seem to remember that they had the manifolds plumbed in back to front.

Try a search on the site and see if you can find the problem.

15 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Right.  This seems very similar to someone else on here who had a problem.

If the flow pipe from the ASHP is getting hot, there is not a problem there.

I seem to remember that they had the manifolds plumbed in back to front.

Try a search on the site and see if you can find the problem.

Great thanks I will do that.

As an update I have no got the heating working but it is a weird scenario!

If I turn the hit water off and have no demand on the underfloor heating downstairs - heating upstairs comes on when I have it requested i.e. turn it to click off and then turn it high enough to click on.

With the underfloor heating if I have everything else off so hot water and upstairs heating then the underfloor will come in but again I have to turn it down to click off and then when I click it high enough the heating comes on! 

If there is already I request in place it is not acknowledged by the system. 

Can my Danfoss heating control for upstairs have anything to do with my problem - just trying to think of what could be stopping demands being picked up in the system. ..

Right No 1 question to get the context, is this a new install you are trying to get to wotk?  Or an existing install that used to work properly but has now stopped working properly?

And are you (trying to) heat the house with under floor heating, radiators or a mixture?

A point of not, almost all ASHP's heat DHW or the heating, never both at the same time, and usually you can select which has priority.

It is an existing install about 10 years old. It used to be okay but is now playing up. Not sure if any controls got fiddled with or whether it just went of its own accord.  

House has underfloor for the ground level  and radiators for the upper level. 

HW takes priority but I don't remember having to turn off demands and putting them back on to get things working.  For example when the hot water is on and an underfloor heating request is on when the hot water is turned off the request for the underfloor heating is not showing on the glass vials in the controls but when I turn off the under floor request and then request again the glass vial liquid will drop to show it is being requested. 

Same for the upstairs radiators if I have a high temp of 30 being asked when the hot water goes off nothing will happen with the rads until I drop it down low to click off and then turn it up. Only then will the request come through and the rads start to work.  

Sorry it's so long a response!