Cable from pole to house move

tvrulesme

I would like to move my phone cable entry point to the house as it currently wraps around the building and ends up in a pretty useless place meaning loads of horrible internal cables.

Are there any regulations on the gradient from the pole to the building that anyone is aware of? Current entry point is the yellow star and proposed is the red star. 

Also is this something I can do myself or do I have to get a phone engineer to do it? Totally understand there's voltage going down it (50v?) so would obviously take great precautions.

900157936_Screenshot2021-11-06at06_28_54.thumb.png.f8696eda773f5c32175c247fe5eec89e.png

Strictly speaking Open Reach should do that. but if done properly I doubt anyone will even know.  Your problem is where you want it to go to, you will need a short pole attached to the side of the building to provide a hook above the guttering for it to terminate onto.  Your challenge is to look around at other similar situations to see what is the local practice for that situation and find something to achieve that that does not scream "diy bodge"

It would probably just be simpler to rewire your internal wiring to tidy things up, e.g. by running from the existing termination point up into and through the loft then down to the room where you would like it,.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ProDave said:

Strictly speaking Open Reach should do that. but if done properly I doubt anyone will even know.  Your problem is where you want it to go to, you will need a short pole attached to the side of the building to provide a hook above the guttering for it to terminate onto.  Your challenge is to look around at other similar situations to see what is the local practice for that situation and find something to achieve that that does not scream "diy bodge"

It would probably just be simpler to rewire your internal wiring to tidy things up, e.g. by running from the existing termination point up into and through the loft then down to the room where you would like it,.

Yeah I get what your saying but this would be through the house, chased down a wall, under a floor and through a trench to the current garage to get it where I want it. I just think that's far too much rat fodder

23 minutes ago, tvrulesme said:

Yeah I get what your saying but this would be through the house, chased down a wall, under a floor and through a trench to the current garage to get it where I want it. I just think that's far too much rat fodder

Move your BT master socket into your loft.  then run your own cable out of the house loft, across on your own catenary to the garage.  Far simple and legal.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Move your BT master socket into your loft.  then run your own cable out of the house loft, across on your own catenary to the garage.  Far simple and legal.

hmmm. Sounds like a roost for seagulls given the location of the house. I’d sooner pay openreach to move it than this.