Widening Fireplace to have more room around log burner

4 hours ago, Whitefusion said:

Would this work what do you all think so not playing with the fireplace to much and building out around it . (If I go this route do I need to think about anything else ?)

newfire example.png

Fireplace other angle.png

Please don't put the tv above the fireplace.

We spent a fortune in work on new display stands sinking monitors in, much like you propose. Tech moves on quickly and you never know what changes you may want or are forced to do. You are limiting your options for potential screen upgrades/size increase. Our IT brought in new monitors which then didn’t fit in the recess and all within 12 months.

Are you having any devices connected and what about sound?

Why do people mount screens so high? Lots of friends do this and it just isn’t comfortable staring up all the time.

What about all your set top boxes?  Surround sound? etc etc.  That is the bit that needs thought with a tv install like this.  I ended up (see my picture above) with just the surround sound built into a pocket in the wall under the tv and all cabling hidden.  All other set top boxes in a central AV cupboard and long hdmi cables from the cupboard to each tv.

And traditional on wall mounted screen because you can guarantee the next one will be a different size and would not fit properly into a recess.