AFP alluminium guttering. An ok business?

The price of heritage cast aluminium gutter has gone crazy.

Marley Alutec is £50 inc for 1.8m lengths and the same length of ALUMASC HERITAGE HALF ROUND CAST ALUMINIUM GUTTERS is £78 inc.

My internet search has found AFP of Worksop, Nottinghamshire who claim to do their own casting of gutter components. Can anyone comment on this business?

https://aluminiumfabricationproducts.co.uk/about-us

9 hours ago, Temp said:

Yikes. That's more than copper..

https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/product/coppa-gutta-box-gutter.html

2.4m box is £61.24 Inc vat.

Pro rata that works out at £46 Inc for a 1.8m

I was tempted for a few minutes, oxidized green copper guttering above a buff brick mix and under grey natural slate would look good. However the other copper guttering components are very price, £20 for each bracket I think. I have 48 linear meters to fix.

9 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

I have used the plastic imitation stuff for lookilikey cast iron.  For ali gutters I found Guttercrest good.

Gutter Creast looks ideal, not seen their product before, thanks. The beaded half round version in a dimpled paint finish would work very well. Just a shame the brackets have a single screw hole at the very top which leads me back to the prooblem I raised yesterday about how to fix such a bracket behind the eave support tray drip lip. Mine drops down 70mm from the top of the fascia.

42 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Gutter Creast looks ideal, not seen their product before, thanks. The beaded half round version in a dimpled paint finish would work very well. Just a shame the brackets have a single screw hole at the very top which leads me back to the prooblem I raised yesterday about how to fix such a bracket behind the eave support tray drip lip. Mine drops down 70mm from the top of the fascia.

You need to put the gutter up first, or you just lift the tray up while you screw up gutter, it’s only plastic. 

Needs two people and don’t do it on a cold day or plastic can crack, nice warm sunny day. 

The guttercrest stuff is good, I have it in square modern look. 

8 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

or you just lift the tray up while you screw up gutter, it’s only plastic. 

Needs two people and don’t do it on a cold day or plastic can crack, nice warm sunny day. 

Swmbo is going to love stand on the staging with her hot air dryer directed at the plastic.

Anyhow I have only put up 3 meters so far.