Repairing a leaking Karcher K2 pressure washer

ProDave

My Karcher pressure washer leaks.

First sign of trouble was the motor did not stop when you stopped spraying.  Shortly after water starts leaking from the bottom of the casing, even when turned off and the motor not running.  But apart from the leak it still sort of works.

Time to take it apart for a look and this is the "works" when stripped back to basics.  The leak is coming out of a small hole where the arrow points

1866796837_Karcherleak.thumb.JPG.ce81b2c10e160d83bd63cc60f9a8c300.JPG

My guess is that is the pressure switch.  The wight "pip" coming out of the top presses on the electrical switch (removed for this photo) so I am guessing there is piston or a diaphragm and a spring in there that is leaking.

The whole black plastic lump does not seem to dismantle, the only thing resembling a joint appears to be welded with what looks like solvent weld.  It does not look like the black plastic lump is servicable.

Internet and you tube searches only seem to deal with easy leaks on the inlet our outlet fittings which are about the only bit you can remove and replace (outlet fitting removed for this photo) and "advice" on the internet is "throw it away"

Has anyone else had luck with a similar thing?

I have to say I thought I was buying a quality make and am very underwhelmed with what I find inside.

Sorry, Dave,  consumer grade Karcher is not brilliant these days. The plastic pump heads distort, and frost kills them completely. See if you can find a service/ parts book online for that model and you'll get a better idea of what's doable.

Yes I have found that is the Cylinder Head, sold as a complete unit.  The price on ebay (not even convinced it is the exact one) is about half the cost of the whole machine.

Bitterly dissapointed and wish I had spent half the cost on a "no name" pressure washer then It would not be so bad   I certainly could not recommend Karcher to anyone looking for one.

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

I certainly could not recommend Karcher to anyone looking for one.

I brought a Karcher pro series 10 years ago and it’s still going strong without any problems, would recommend the pro line.