concertina waste pipe for toilet

Our plumber is proposing to use a concertina waste pipe for our new toilet, and connect it to directly to the toilet.  He says that he doesn't want to a rigid pipe .  I am somewhat concerned about what will be caught in the grooves of the concertina pipe.

Should I be concerned?   

They say they use them all the time and it is easier to connect to the toilet.   Using rigid would be now more complicated, but it would have been easier before their recent tiling and if they had made the pipe from the floor go a bit higher up.   I am learning that building work is a lot to do with planning and sequencing. 

Edited by Question

Also be wary of cheap flexi’s and tight radii. The pan in my garage (fitted by previous owner) is too close for a decent flexi bend and I can only get the corcertina type in … last a couple of years and then split. The armadillo type flexis are much tougher but larger bend radii.

47 minutes ago, Question said:

Thanks very much for your replies. 

1) I can't find the armadillo type flexi.   Can you please send me a link.

2) what is the difference between a concertina type and armadillo type?

Hi, I have just been looking and I can only see corcertina type connectors.

a plumber mate gave me one that was made up of rings and the inside was smooth as opposed to the saw tooth corcertina ones.

I can’t remember seeing a name on it but it was very well made. 
I’m a bit stumped now, maybe one of the plumbers on here can advise of a good make?