Suppliers of low u value / 3g quite large IGU?

ElliotP

Hi,

I'm planning to frame the front of my oak garage in glass, each panel would be 1.8m x 2.7m and I would need 3 of them.  I've spoken to several glazing companies and all of them so far have said they can't to 3g in that size.  

Budget is a concern, i've been quoted £1500 a unit (3 x 6mm, soft coat) then the company realised they couldn't manage that size, but this amount was swallowable.  

I'm wondering if anyone has any contacts that could manage this?  

Backup plan will be to brick up a bit higher or split the units down the middle and put some more uprights in, but would like to go full glass if possible.

Thanks,

Elliot

It’s a fairly large size but not overlay large. You’d be looking at 6mm glass minimum and a cost in the region of £1,500/£2000 per unit without delivery.

I’ve just priced a 1000 x 3920 window today.

Edited by craig

Thanks all for the suggestions, I shall drop Internorm and Rationel a reply.

@craig are you a fitter? I guess too far anyway given we're at opposite ends of the UK (Southampton for me).  But i'll happily take recommendations if your supplier ships nationwide.  

On a related note, realistically what sort of manpower am I looking at to lift this? I believe i'm looking at something like 230kg? My thought was 4 people with  triple pad suctions which are rated at 90kg each. 2 people each side.  Is that unrealistic? We'd only need to go a couple of meters off the transport and straight into the frame on the front of the garage.