Connecting MDPE to lead pipe

Moonshine

My existing house has lead pipe from the stop tap in the pavement to the house, i am creating a new water connection from the road to the existing house via MDPE.

There will come a point where i will need to connect the MDPE to the existing lead pipe before it enters the house.

What connector is needed for this? possible a DIY job or is it best to get a professional to do this connection due to the pressures involved?

29 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I thought that your pipe was everything your side of the meter / pavement stopcock and the rest was the water suppliers.

Can you get them to change their bit to MDPE?

The water company will replace the lead connection for free - as long as all of the lead on your side is replaced first.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Conor said:

The water company will replace the lead connection for free - as long as all of the lead on your side is replaced first.

I do not believe that is the case. A few years ago I replaced my parents incoming lead pipe but my Dad did not want the disruption to the rest of the house.(very elderly)  I read the T@Cs of the water Co,s policy on this and it did not say all the house lead work had to be replaced. When they refused to carry out the work I sent them a copy of their T@C,s and a manager rang me and apologised and admitted he had been doing his job wrong for years!,!,. They completed it the day after ?.

this was a few years ago and Bristol Water so things may be different in different locations or moved on since then. So get a copy of your water companies T@C,s on this subject.