Ceiling Finish

steveoelliott

Hi Folks,

I'm having my HSL decorated and for the most part I am pleased with the results so far but a little miffed by the finish on the ceiling when the light catches it. The decorator tells me that this is pretty much unavoidable unless sprayed. I am paying them by the day.

From the other end of the landing it looks fine (must be how light catches it) and also looks fine at night with lighting. It has one coat of Armsted matt as decorator said ceilings were in good order so one coat would suffice.

Am I being picky here or should I get somebody else to do the ceiling again after they've left :) as they are adamant (and they may be right) that this is normal and nothing can be done.

Thanks...

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5651.jpg

17 minutes ago, PeterW said:

That’s the skim job and the boards - no amount of paint will fix that. 

So… Down to who plastered it 12 years ago before we lived there?

I will say you can see the brush marks around the spots also but to be honest I don’t really think that’s avoidable.

12 minutes ago, steveoelliott said:

So… Down to who plastered it 12 years ago before we lived there?

I will say you can see the brush marks around the spots also but to be honest I don’t really think that’s avoidable.

Don't tell me they painted around them?  Drop them down and you can roller all around the hole without needing a brush.

• Thanks 1

Just now, steveoelliott said:

They were dropped down but brushed around.

Out of interest are you a decorator? Where are you based lol

No I am an electrician, hence not afraid of dropping them down.  Put them in a plastic bag to keep the paint off and you should be able to pauit around the hole without a brush.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

No I am an electrician, hence not afraid of dropping them down.  Put them in a plastic bag to keep the paint off and you should be able to pauit around the hole without a brush.

Do this, or depending on the age they may have quick release connectors on them.

I would be tempted to try some Tikkurila Anti Reflex 2 paint on that ceiling.

• Thanks 1