Howdens "In Frame"

willbish

Does anyone have any real world experience/photos of Howdens In Frame range?

I understand its fairly new and they aren't selling a lot. We like the look but the added installation faff is massive and it'll be me doing the work and cursing the decision if its not plain sailing. 

Also not sure about of the faux butt hinges 

Attached the installation guide

howsdens in Frame.pdf

I have always  found Howdens very good, had an account fir many years and fitted very many. With regards “in frame”, horrible to fit and horrible to use. I cussed the customer picking this type, then they cussed after it was finished as it’s more difficult to use.?

Used Howdens for over 20 years without a major problem. Damaged bits always replaced. Sometimes a few bits a couple of days late. There not perfect but neither am I. Quite happy with the team on the island.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, willbish said:

Why horrible to use?

With the one I fitted (admittedly a few years ago now) the frame, with a lip all round, stopped you sliding things out of the cupboard, not that easy to clean etc (these were the customers comments).

13 hours ago, Marvin said:

Used Howdens for over 20 years without a major problem. Damaged bits always replaced. Sometimes a few bits a couple of days late. There not perfect but neither am I. Quite happy with the team on the island.

However, never fitted this frame type. However this frame design looks different than the picture frame style that used to be done by adding a frame outside of the cabinets, so inbetween above and below a  box. Looks nice, alot of work 

Good luck.

M