IKEA pac sliding doors FFS !

Jesus !

Talk about a test of endurance.

Got the doors on - all great !

Then realise the soft close add ons are in a seperate box and have to remove a door to sort . ?

Looking at the unit door on right sorted . Soft close works fine .

For the non IKEA reader the system and fittings for the left and right door are different.

The left door I just don’t get . Followed the destructions but can’t get it to work nor see how it works . Someone enlighten me as I’ve got another 10 of these muver (expletive deleted)ing things to do ?????

CC0A0175-FF2A-42C4-8F9B-E4AA20F2D53A.jpeg

410EA8D7-0FF3-4F03-A317-8365631D410F.jpeg

75AD043B-D683-4217-9D53-F4F7C7CCAFD1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

This brings back fond memories of you installing the glass pocket door.

It’s a mare !

On this left door the door plastic can’t connect with the soft close . Watched a few videos - can’t see anything obviously wrong 

735CAADC-EFE9-4995-99A1-8BD0AC92C5E9.jpeg

56054BCB-41B5-4659-AEFD-B4DD2F3DEAC7.jpeg

Edited by pocster

I have a set of these, the doors are so hard to get right, didn't do soft close when i bought these, but I can tell you that I ALWAYS forget to click the clip (its like a lock i think) on the top of the doors into place, which seems to be the difference between not working and working in a lot of cases!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

I have a set of these, the doors are so hard to get right, didn't do soft close when i bought these, but I can tell you that I ALWAYS forget to click the clip (its like a lock i think) on the top of the doors into place, which seems to be the difference between not working and working in a lot of cases!

Mines clicked in !

Been in and out the closet more times than a Friday night .

Have soft close working on both sides now ! ?

But this stage confuses me . This fitting sits ( looking at the wardrobe ) on the right door top left corner . But I can’t work out what it is for 

67C9F49A-AFFD-4306-BF43-A98F76581CF9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

Thats the soft close mechanism, looks like the bracket screws to it, and then it and the bracket screw to the door itself. How have you fitted them?

It does f all . Front door going left soft closes . Rear door going right soft closes . This bit does nothing as far as I can tell .- nothing can catch it to use it .

So 2 soft close that work for either door against their edge . This middle one though ….

1BB8323E-B085-429C-8961-124CEECE9EF5.jpeg

39978AA4-85EF-490D-AC28-A2E4651F5FD1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

Your mechanisms look to be right compared to diagram, whats on the next instructions?

Nothing really . Distraught man and p*seed off SWMBO just put the doors back on  . I *guess* if this was a single door that slid across 2 units I.e 2 units wide but only one sliding door it might work as a soft closer for one door on both sides ?