Planning permission Letter of objection - challenge inaccuracies?

Digger1

24 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

After becoming the victim of assault following a boundary dispute which led to my assailant acquiring a criminal record, I sent a registered letter to the neighbour stating that in future I would only talk to her at a pre arranged meeting with additional witnesses present. Two days later a PCSO knocked at my door wanting to discuss my "threatening behaviour".

Ok so this is where a £50 solicitors letter pays dividends.  I have had someone state that the letter we provided in a court pack was not the same as they received, despite it being sent registered post and signed for. A letter from a recognised third party makes that all the more impossible to be struck out and also shows you’re serious. 

21 minutes ago, joe90 said:

What?, I hope you put them right? 

Yes. The PCSO got flustered when I started taking notes and asked for the name of Sergeant she reported to.

After a strongly worded letter was sent to my local police station I received a telephone call from the said Sergeant who complimented me on my writing style and the clarity of my letter. He then said "what can I do to help".

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Ok so this is where a £50 solicitors letter pays dividends.  I have had someone state that the letter we provided in a court pack was not the same as they received, despite it being sent registered post and signed for. A letter from a recognised third party makes that all the more impossible to be struck out and also shows you’re serious. 

Anything can be turned against you.

Within 20 minutes of my elderly neighbour receiving my registered letter I knocked at the door of her younger sister-in-law who lives in the same village and explained the letter,  then suggested my elderly neighbour who seems to be loosing her sight might need family assistance to understand the letter.

This act of compassion was apparently outrageous, so much so that the elderly neighbour's daughter had to body block her mother from advancing towards me filled with venom while I was standing on the public road.

• Sad 1

On 27/07/2021 at 15:32, Digger1 said:

A neighbour has written a letter of objection against our proposed development. 

The letter they have written contains some inaccurate information relating to our build.  Is it advisable to write a letter to the planning department outlining these inaccuracies or leave it to the planner to make their own decision?  Any response we write will be made public.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

I would put together a report and cover letter and email it to your planning officer. 

Me being me I would probably also go and knock on the neighbours door for a friendly little chat. 

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

This thread is a good example of how a worm cast becomes a mountain.

Indeed, my wormcast is a slim right angled triangle that would fit inside a 3.5m x 1.5m rectangle.

What surprises me is how people want to take sides in such a dispute before knowing what is at dispute.