Wet Room formers

29 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

You are creating a space in which to insert a ready made shower tray. Not creating a shower tray out of the concrete....

Yep - sorry my bad should have worked out that you guys did not know what I did that the former is for a ready made tray, very poor assumption management only beta+ - see below:

WIN_20170313_11_50_35_Pro.jpg

46 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I see the confusion has been in referring to the osb former, as a former, when it's actually a mould.

This should be fun... Actually I think the former is actually the pattern, pattern for the shape I want to form. The mould is the thing into which you pour the, for want of a better word, stuff you want to form into a given shape. Dictionary definition is: 'a hollow container used to give shape to molten or hot liquid material when it cools and hardens.' So, @jack would say never start a sentence with so, now the mould in this case is the expanded polystyrene slab former supplemented by the shower tray former, which together FORM the mould.  Ergo, ipso facto, inter alia and among other things and to be perfectly pedantic - until @Nickfromwales or some other master of both English and the language of the technology of casting concrete tells us otherwise, the former is just / only part of the mould and as such is FORMING part of said mould. Let the fun commence, I will look for a pin the head of which I can throw some shapes upono.O

Edited by MikeSharp01
Capital E for English
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

This should be fun... Actually I think the former is actually the pattern, pattern for the shape I want to form. The mould is the thing into which you pour the, for want of a better word, stuff you want to form into a given shape. Dictionary definition is: 'a hollow container used to give shape to molten or hot liquid material when it cools and hardens.' So, @jack would say never start a sentence with so, now the mould in this case is the expanded polystyrene slab former supplemented by the shower tray former, which together FORM the mould.  Ergo, ipso facto, inter alia and among other things and to be perfectly pedantic - until @Nickfromwales or some other master of both English and the language of the technology of casting concrete tells us otherwise, the former is just / only part of the mould and as such is FORMING part of said mould. Let the fun commence, I will look for a pin the head of which I can throw some shapes upono.O

:D

I will shut my mouth ;)

✌️️:P

1 hour ago, MikeSharp01 said:

@jack would say never start a sentence with so,

Actually, I would. :D

For all my flaws, I try very hard not to be a grammar Wayne Kerr.  And (starting a sentence with "and"!) when I am, any corrections are done in ninja mode so no-one should be the wiser! :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, jack said:

For all my flaws, I try very hard not to be a grammar Wayne Kerr.

Curiously, that is what this whole topic is a about every-bodies FLOORS and, wasn't Wayne Kerr also known as the galloping gourmet or am I mixing my metaflaws.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Curiously, that is what this whole topic is a about every-bodies FLOORS and, wasn't Wayne Kerr also known as the galloping gourmet or am I mixing my metaflaws.

Nah, it was his brother Graham.

On 12/03/2017 at 20:02, Russell griffiths said:

Is this for an on ground floor or suspended. 

If on ground as in on top of a concrete floor then can you not hand form it in screed. 

I have done this a number of times and it is the norm in a lot of other countries,

The former is on the ground floor (concrette slab) and the latter on the first floor (chipboard). I am paranoid of formed screed wetrooms so preference if to use a wetroom former of some description.