Tile vent for external ductwork

Hi all

First post from me!

I'm retrofitting an MVHR system into my new loft and am thinking about where to place the ducts to atmosphere.

They could come out of the front of the house through brick. However there's limited space for the MVHR unit due to the pitch of the roof and I want to put the unit close to the facade.

Alternatively they could come out of the rear of the house through the tiles in the dormer.

However I can't find a product on the internet that will allow a neat solution to dress around the ducts as they exit.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm not in the country at the moment so can't show photos, but this is the kind of tile in the screenshot attached.

Thank you!

David

image.png.c38f974b53641479bb43a02c98414313.png

Thanks both.

I haven't checked the tiles yet, but they're for the wall of the dormer, not the roof. I was hoping to find an image online that showed me what I was looking for, but havent' been successful.

I was expecting to be able to see a ductwork cowl poking out with some neat flashing around or something.

Does the Ubbink tile vent allow the bit I've circled to come off?

Sorry, I just can't see how it works if you're trying to throw the exhaust air away from the building.
image.png.c017b5249c81dbba75412ce86be5a484.png

I had 2 of these installed a few weeks ago. MVHR retrofit. 

2 x Glidevale G5 Universal Tile Vent Black

picture here:

https://www.glidevale.com/versa-tile-g5-ventilatorterminal/p/31

Also 2 of these:

2 x Glidevale Pipe Adaptor 150mm to suit G-Range

Roofer charged Eur 150 to fit both and folded back felt at top of new opening. The bottom of the Tile Vent has a sticky surface you use to seal the lower edge of the vent to the tile. 

Connected up to 150mm EPP for both supply and extract, kept them about 2.5m apart.  

Sorry - see you want wall vents, they have a few other options:

https://www.glidevale.com/duracowl-wall-cowl/p/35

Edited by mike2016
op wanted wall not roof vents

I had vent tiles and remember I had to be pretty specific whether they were for venting or air. I'm not sure why as the product appeared the same to look at. Tbh I don't think the tile vent I've used is approved for the intake I think it's something to do with snow cover. I'm in a bungalow so can brush the snow off the vent but choose carefully if in a house. 

• 1 month later...

So BCP has suggested their cowl for going out of the wall. https://www.bpcventilation.com/exterior-grille-s-steel-louvered-cowl

However I'm worried about the waterproofing of the tiles. Is this something that is standard?

I suppose I could remove the tiles, cut a circular hole in them and put the cowl through but this seems a bit bodgy.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

David.

Wall. I've attached a photo of what it looks like. 

The alternative is to go through the soffit, but it's pretty narrow. Probably big enough for 100mm duct. The intake/exhaust ducts on the unit I'm thinking of (VentAxia) is 125mm.

BPC has said I could reduce from 125mm to 100mm, but that sounds problematic to me.

Much appreciations!

D

Dormer_wall_external.jpeg