PV - controlling the 240v ac output

Marvin

Sorry,

I dropped off the thread earlier, but as you've now got to, any kind of inverter bigger than 3.68kWp then limited to 3.68kWp is a G99 application. You can only fit under G98 (and tell them later) if the inverter can deliver up to than 3.68kWp. Array size is irrelevant. You can put 100kWp of panels on the roof with a 3.68kWp inverter if you felt like splashing the cash and still be G98 compliant. Although your inverter may not last long...

G100 compliance is required for the limiter as well if going that route.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Permission received from my DNO to install and connect to the grid 6kW PVs!  (Distribution Network Operator = Scottish and Southern Electricity = SSE) 

All I have to do is accept SSE's quotation for the "Non-Contestable Works" and pay the fee. (there are no additional works required).For my £360.00 including Vat SSE will complete a site inspection. The checking of the network system has already been completed and there is no additional work to be carried out. For your information; Although I applied stating I would use a CT clamp to limit the PV power to Main Grid, SSE will not take the CT clamp restriction into account and have taken the inverter limit as the worst case scenario.  @Wil was right. ????

The inverter maximum wattage is 6kW. the panels will supply up to 5.12kW

Time line: Application submitted in full 29th September 2020, quotation received 26th November 2020, so about 2 months at present. IF we had other works, the SSE would need to do, they estimate they would have got back to me about the works in about 6 months after paying the quote.

Good luck with your project.

Marvin

• Like 2