Garage Door Mistake

Ralph

I have had a Garador sectional garage door fitted and I really don't like it. It's all fitted fine it's just that the running gear for it going over the ceiling is way more obtrusive than I had anticipated. It looks worse because the garage has been fully plaster boarded and is looking more like a nice room than a garage. 

What do we reckon the chances are of being able to sell it? I had to wait 6 months to get the bloody thing and I realise I've made a big mistake. 

What I wanted was some hinged doors but I could not get any without spending loads and going over budget. I compromised on a sectional thinking it would not look so bad which was a mistake. 
I guess I'll have to live with it for now. I would take it off and store it so I could sell it as "never used" but it will take me ages to get a replacement.

Arrrggh I'm annoyed at myself. I bloody knew I did not like it but just wanted to get something and stay in budget. 

32 minutes ago, Ralph said:

Arrrggh I'm annoyed at myself. I bloody knew I did not like it but just wanted to get something and stay in budget. 

Join the I'm-Annoyed-With-Myself-Club. You're the 55 millionth member, this year. Have this badge: wear it with pride. ?

Edited by ToughButterCup
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

Join the I'm-Annoyed-With-Myself-Club. You're the 55 millionth member, this year. Have this badge: wear it with pride. ?

Edited 16 minutes ago by ToughButterCup

Thank you, weirdly that does make me feel better.?

3 hours ago, Ralph said:

I have had a Garador sectional garage door fitted and I really don't like it. It's all fitted fine it's just that the running gear for it going over the ceiling is way more obtrusive than I had anticipated. It looks worse because the garage has been fully plaster boarded and is looking more like a nice room than a garage. 

What do we reckon the chances are of being able to sell it? I had to wait 6 months to get the bloody thing and I realise I've made a big mistake. 

think it’ll depend on the size, if it’s a commonly used size you’ll be fine although you probably won’t get what you paid for it. When we started looking for a garage door I checked gumtree and found one which was brand new, off a new build house where the owner had decided to make the garage into a room, he couldn’t get rid of it because it was so big, over 5 metres wide , he had continuously advertised it with no takers and by the time I saw it he had reduced it to £30 just to get it away out of his road, great for us but not so good for him!