Tiling behind Wall mounted toilets

JanetE

On 17/02/2017 at 08:42, PeterStarck said:

I used 12mm Hardiebacker board but it's tough stuff and I got through a few holecutters!

P5180003.thumb.JPG.2a9a743d157829ad4c061e17d43467c7.JPG

What did you use, just normal Starrett type ones? Guess my Aquapanel is similar to Hardiebacker.

8 hours ago, Onoff said:

What did you use, just normal Starrett type ones? Guess my Aquapanel is similar to Hardiebacker.

Yup, just bog standard bi-metal hole cutters from Screwfix. I've not seen Aquapanel but Hardiebacker is pretty dense stuff. They say you can score and snap it but I didn't have much luck. I ended up cutting it with a sacrificial TCT blade in the circular saw.

1 hour ago, PeterStarck said:

I ended up cutting it with a sacrificial TCT blade in the circular saw.

Pretty much what you have to do. 

Aquapanel is like cement board, gritty and reinforced with fibre meshing layers, whereas Hardi is more like Asbestos ( replaced by the likes of Ellis board nowadays ) in looks and consistency. 

I prefer to stick to one discipline on site so I usually just beef up the carpentry and use 12.5mm MR ( green ) PB. Haven't lost a patient yet. 

35 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Pretty much what you have to do. 

Aquapanel is like cement board, gritty and reinforced with fibre meshing layers, whereas Hardi is more like Asbestos ( replaced by the likes of Ellis board nowadays ) in looks and consistency. 

I prefer to stick to one discipline on site so I usually just beef up the carpentry and use 12.5mm MR ( green ) PB. Haven't lost a patient yet. 

I've been promised a sample of this stuff Powerpanel H2O but unless it comes with a hefty discount I will go with normal fermacell and tank the ar$e out of it with this stuff 

Aqua Seal

I looked at the Fermacell tanking kits but needed to sell a kidney....

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Nope. I just linked a random supplier. :P

I mostly use Saxton ? Cheap as chips for recip and MTool blades. 

Your just angry cos I won't let you put an access panel in for your WC :D 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2017 at 23:15, Nickfromwales said:

Nope. I just linked a random supplier. :P

I mostly use Saxton ? Cheap as chips for recip and MTool blades. 

Your just angry cos I won't let you put an access panel in for your WC :D 

I too use Saxton. I wish though they would do their 35 & 65mm wood bits that bit longer so you can go through 4"x2" without hitting the spot welded bit the blade is attached to.

Edited by Onoff