Tilt and Turn Blinds

As much as I love the fact from our bedroom window anyone going past can see the mountains of nepal on the canvas we have strategically placed SWMBO is insistent we get blinds on the bedrooms and dressing room after an incident with an Amazon driver.....

So, we have narrowed it down to three bedrooms, the office and the lounge. I thought this may be useful as a comparison to anyone looking at blinds for Tilt and Turn windows and if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

We have had a couple of companies round and the options seem to be Intu or Perfect Fit both which are screwless and don't damage your window frame rather are fitted into the seal with a clip. There was minimal price difference with Perfect Fit being cheaper.

Perfect Fit

In essence these are a frame in which the blinds sit which is then fixed onto your widow frame so you end up with a frame on a frame. I don't like the fact you could end up with dirt and bugs on the ledge inside their frame. On the plus it does come in far more colours and they do blackout.

IMG_20210311_142604.thumb.jpg.90c8f89d36d1327dbb729ea1eecaca99.jpg

Intu

These just clip in too but don't have the big frame like Perfect Fit and just the top bit which sits in the frame and the . They just pull down from the top so the only space they take up the window is the top. The picture shows the micro infusion which has the string bit in between the pleats which can let in light. They do a honeycomb kind version too called the micro hive but only in three colours - white, ivory or a dark grey where the infusion does come in a few different colours. Frustratingly they don't do blackout blinds in either the hive or infusion.

IMG_20210311_142521.thumb.jpg.5ed78d0d04bfe87aef5c7b66fc890708.jpg

IMG_20210311_142537.thumb.jpg.993e45a78f5edecfb79d48d0a25a42b7.jpg

IMG_20210311_142543.thumb.jpg.1063cb3c3b81da3c86b409492dd5ec48.jpg

It would be useful to know roughly the size of windows you have and rough costs (so the rest of us know if they are good value or silly money)

And are they sold for DIY fitting or do they come and fit them to your windows?

6 minutes ago, ProDave said:

It would be useful to know roughly the size of windows you have and rough costs (so the rest of us know if they are good value or silly money)

And are they sold for DIY fitting or do they come and fit them to your windows?

So far the quotes we have had are include fitting, local companies. I'll only give the glass sizes of the windows rather than the frames as the only seem to measure the glass.

The glass sizes are as follows. Five windows in total - W129*drop 93, w129* drop 98 (two) w86*drop 98, and w129 x drop 98.

Total price for Intu Micro Infusion (the one with the string not honeycomb) £1052. Perfect fit were a little more expensive by £20 but with three blackouts.

47 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

I must admit I'm drawn to the Day-and-Night striped roller blinds (as SWMBO detests venetians) and they'd be pretty handy in Perfect Fit form for the french doors.

I'm not a fan of the roller blinds but do like the pleated ones. I hate venetian blinds too.

We have a Luxaflex dealer coming back with some prices too so will be interesting to see how they compare although I've not actually seen the Luxaflex product yet.

Just now, canalsiderenovation said:

I just don't like them, they either look very commercial or just really odd looking!

Fair enough! Back to your original post. We had the Intu type in our last house and they worked well. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thorfun said:

Fair enough! Back to your original post. We had the Intu type in our last house and they worked well. 

Thanks that's good to know. I just wish they had blackout ones or their hive ones had different colours. I'm hoping to see the profile of Luxaflex or at least get some prices from comparison.

2 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Thanks that's good to know. I just wish they had blackout ones or their hive ones had different colours. I'm hoping to see the profile of Luxaflex or at least get some prices from comparison.

Ours were in the kitchen/diner so we weren’t worried about blackout. Ours were a lime green colour but also came in different colours. 

it was a number of years ago but if I can find the old receipt I’ll see if I can find out the manufacturer. 

no promises though!

Just now, Thorfun said:

Ours were in the kitchen/diner so we weren’t worried about blackout. Ours were a lime green colour but also came in different colours. 

it was a number of years ago but if I can find the old receipt I’ll see if I can find out the manufacturer. 

no promises though!

Thank you.

I think the problem is as it's for tilt and turn windows the colour range is very limited for Intu. The normal range has pretty much every colour going! There was definitely no lime green!

7 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

I don’t see the issue with the windows being tilt and turn. Don’t they attach to the internal frame? So shouldn’t impair the window tilting or turning. ?

Exactly that but the range Intu offer for tilt and turn windows are far less than for normal windows. Perfect Fit offered a huge selection but the white frame just doesn't appeal.

• Like 1