UFH manifold behind / in kitchen unit

Moonshine

Has anyone put a ufh manifold in the service viod behind a standard kitchen unit.

Obvious the backing would need to be cut out to have the manifold to penetrate and for access.

Just wondering how feasible this is?

There are going to be 3/4 circuits and I am hoping the manifold can be accomadated in a 500mm wide tall unit.

31 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

Has anyone put a ufh manifold in the service viod behind a standard kitchen unit.

Obvious the backing would need to be cut out to have the manifold to penetrate and for access.

Just wondering how feasible this is?

There are going to be 3/4 circuits and I am hoping the manifold can be accomadated in a 500mm wide tall unit.

Have you sized the unit, when you first said 3-4 circuits I thought that’s doable, but then you spoilt it by saying 500mm cupboard. 

Get the drawings for the manifold, but make sure you have all the blending valve measurements as well. 

I personally would look for a better solution. 

It will certainly be a hot cupboard. 

• Like 1

Yes seen it done, and also had to work on one too..! You’re better off using a wall cupboard and spacing it forward and putting a false back in the cupboard. 

Quick check and the Wilo pump set and 4 port from Wunda is 505mm so you may gain a few mm by rotating the pump but that probably won’t fit between the internal sides of a 500mm cabinet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daiking said:

This is an 800mm cupboard:

These are exactly the images i was looking for, @daiking you are a star. 800mm looks like a good option.

These are the dimensions i have and it looks like i wasn't accounting for the pump module, for a 4 port that is ~560mm plus some valves so 800mm would be o.k

image.png.34506192eae642887fa5e473c8ca7996.png

This is where i am looking to put it, so there would be no issue going to a 800mm width tall cabinet.

1775333014_Revisedkitchen.thumb.png.a8a0217f905903d20e5fee4217b7d14a.png

Though because it is a split level house it would be at a high level to get to the upper floor screed, as below 

image.png.5626340338e69f7ebd00239b9aa982c3.png

56 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

These are exactly the images i was looking for, @daiking you are a star. 800mm looks like a good option.

These are the dimensions i have and it looks like i wasn't accounting for the pump module, for a 4 port that is ~560mm plus some valves so 800mm would be o.k

image.png.34506192eae642887fa5e473c8ca7996.png

This is where i am looking to put it, so there would be no issue going to a 800mm width tall cabinet.

1699560686_Revisedkitchen.png.880ed5a7e30b47b2fa59fc07f245152e.png

Though because it is a split level house it would be at a high level to get to the upper floor screed, as below 

image.png.5626340338e69f7ebd00239b9aa982c3.png

Sorry, I corrected my post - it’s actually a 700mm wide cupboard for a 4-port manifold.

Dont know exactly what the fitter did to the cupboard but it’s a very good job. Very tidy and very solid on a standard Howdens cabinet.

And I don’t suppose it really matters here but it’s a standard kitchen floor unit with a worktop - not a tall/larder unit.

18 minutes ago, daiking said:

it’s actually a 700mm wide cupboard for a 4-port manifold.

Dont know exactly what the fitter did to the cupboard but it’s a very good job. Very tidy and very solid on a standard Howdens cabinet.

And I don’t suppose it really matters here but it’s a standard kitchen floor unit with a worktop - not a tall/larder unit.

Agree it is a really good standard, goof to know it is in a 700mm.

There maybe an issue with a tall larder unit as i can't any going over 600mm wide (probably too heavy), though it should work if put the manifold behind one unit, and the pump and things behind a second adjacent unit at the same level.

3 minutes ago, JamesP said:

I fitted an 8 port manifold in an 800mm wide cabinet. I did put the manifold to gather first just to double check it would fit.

That does look tight, and i don't know if i would want to be that close to the margin! :)