Floorplans

Hi,

I'd appreciate your thoughts on these floorplans. I'm planning a 4 storey dwelling in London. It's designed as an 'upside down' house to make the best use of daylight in the living areas as it is located in a built up area of London. These drawings are only completed by me having a play around on Sketchup, so no professionals have been consulted on layout, yet! What do you think?

Thanks.

image.png.09389cb537ca4ef74c52014843ac4aa8.png*

Front elevation

image.png.3e1ba4326307e5e758a5ab73160d1412.png

Ground floor

image.png.b5e0daedbaa226a553d3240f3ab9533c.png

First Floor

image.png.682549d9b6ee943d247dcc6392ed48a4.png

Second Floor

image.png.044cc42f01a98ea5c541595b5380afc1.png

Third Floor

image.png.32f04c853a03984e3b49dc9933917351.png

Roof

Get a professional involved...

There's all kinds of implications with a house over 4 floors, and planning considerations with roof terraces.

On the plans themselves there's no much to comment on, it's a series of boxes. If it was me doing a tall house I'd be looking for opportunities to open up double height spaces or have overlapping spaces and create a bit of interest and connection 

sorry to say but I think it looks like a block of flats. I agree with @the_r_sole and for something like this you would be best to get an architect involved. obviously, it would cost quite a bit of money and your budget (from the other thread) does seem woefully low but it could be an amazing property.

good luck with it all.

The front elevation could be made to look amazing by the use of materials colour etc.  Especially important with a squarish building.  I’ve attached a picture of a squarish house where the use of cladding colour etc make it stand out from being plain.

Would agree the front elevation looks like a block of flats due to repeated use of same size windows.   

have you though about having one staircase in the far corner and a series of open plan floors (factory loft apartment style).  With clever design in terms of placing services windows etc, you could easily subdivide each floor if you needed to create a series smaller rooms for whatever reason, in the future, or do you currently need 6 separate smaller  rooms.

you could have an amazing property there. 

D5908E48-0CDC-4E45-BB60-475170FF2AD4.jpeg

Edited by Bozza

Agree that there is not that much going for your attempt, but at least we can see that you are after a 3 bed house upside down design with parking and roof terrace and the size you have shown indicates that it will fit so not such a bad start.

Maybe have an en-suite on the ground floor and shared bathroom level 1, WC level 2.