Lean to construction advice

PaulH757

Hi, first post on here.

I'm looking at a project to build a wooden lean to man cave on the side of my house but would like some advice regarding the uprights.

I'm planning making it rougly 6x2.5m, so I'm thinking 5 uprights should be enough?

But my main question is about fixing them to the ground

I was thinking of using metposts but I've heard bad reports about them although they look a fairly simple solution.
Dig holes and postcrete them in? If I did it this way how deep would I need to go given I want it about 2m high, and how easy is would it be then to get them all the same height?

Or dig a trench and fill with hardcore/concrete and bolt post holders to it. This would seem the easiest way to get everything level, how deep would I need to dig the trench and what sort of depth concrete woud I need on top of the hardcore?

THanks in advance for any advice

Far too many variables to give any meaningful answers. Post spacing depends on the materials for the walls and roof, fixing depends on the floor and post size/material and number etc etc

You need to decide if this is going to be a proper extension or just a shed.  

Proper extension would have a door between it and house, proper foundations, insulated floor walls, roof, double glazed windows, heating and electric. You might me able to build this as a timber frame but how close to the boundary is it? 

20 hours ago, Temp said:

You need to decide if this is going to be a proper extension or just a shed.  

Proper extension would have a door between it and house, proper foundations, insulated floor walls, roof, double glazed windows, heating and electric. You might me able to build this as a timber frame but how close to the boundary is it? 

Just going to be a timber frame lean to shed. About a metre from the boundary, enough room for me to get alongside it to fix wall panels at least.