BBC Sounds - Net Zero in the House

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Makes interesting listening, was pleased to hear the major manufacturer of insulation makes rockwall type which recycles old glass and is zero combustible (Grenfell!) which is the majority of my insulation.

I thought you were a BuildHub trendy hipster who opted for cavity fill beads?

12 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

They prefer to fill their cavities with millennial’s broken dreams as the decrement delay is longer than the rest of their lives.

Edited by daiking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Oh no, rockwall for me, recycled glass bottles etc, no fire risk ? I did however have to use “plastic” insulation under my slab as rockwall won’t support concrete ?.

Listened to the first few minutes.

Interesting that their starting "net zero eventually" case study made it sound really difficult, as it was a purpose built ASHP ufh 2500 sqft thing with bills of £100 per month, and "it coudl not be done by renovation".

Mine is within 15% of that size, is not purpose built to be zero C (I need to upgrade some bits in the next year or two), and has bills quite a bit lower than that.

I love that he barely avoided turning "Knauf Insulation" into "Naff Insulation". Reminds me of a an old story about "Facom", where the presenter was pronouncing it as "Fake 'em", and then after correction as "F*ck'em". Eventually ended up as "FAR <pause> COM", like a Samurai Grammar teacher.

F