Dewalt first fix nailer type 3

Timedout

Has anyone got experience this later type 3 Dewalt DCN692 first fix nailer?
I have need for a nailer again but I am wary. In the past I have had two Dewalt first fix nailers and both were crap. The first generation one was useless straight out of the box and was returned immediately. The vendor was very difficult but fortunately PayPal leaned my way. The next was a second generation type 2. I persevered with this for a few weeks and wasted a lot of money on trying different nails but I gave up. I sold that on eBay and lost quite a bit on the nailer and far too much on the stock of nails. There isn’t a vibrant market for part used boxes of nails.
I don’t want to keep on repeating the same mistakes but I do have Dewalt batteries. I have had the Dewalt second fix nailer since 2012 and except for the original batteries being duff, it’s been good. My Dewalt drills and saw bench are good too.
I am not buying a gas nailer because I don’t want to spend my days fiddling around with a temperamental contraption.  Watched too many guys doing that. I don’t have space for a compressor so pneumatic is out. 

if anyone has used a type 3 DCN692 I would be interested to hear of your experience.

thanks

Mine is good. Pro use since the spring and less than 5 jams I reckon. Downside is quite heavy. 

If I'm honest I preferred my previous gas gun due to weight. However I would probably have struggled with it in cold last week. The rather hook is dog poo. 

I think you can get a Friday afternoon job with these. 

One does the morning delivery, the other second class. 

Seriously though the naked dewalt is good value if OP already has batteries. If you adopt @nod strategy you could keep for 11 months just before warranty runs out then sell. Be suprised if it cost you 50 quid for a year. 

16 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

One does the morning delivery, the other second class. 

Seriously though the naked dewalt is good value if OP already has batteries. If you adopt @nod strategy you could keep for 11 months just before warranty runs out then sell. Be suprised if it cost you 50 quid for a year. 

We do exactly that with the Hilti tools 2 year guarantee Then put them on eBay 

29 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

thanks will bookmark that until I need one.

now can someone tell me the difference between a first fix and a second fix mail gun, please? 

Should say Tool Monkey 

First fix fires nails for framing etc

and second fix fires pins Arcs and skirting boards 

• Thanks 1

Thanks,

Oz07 is your Dewalt the type 3?

with my type 1 it jammed every other nail. The type 2 was inconsistent and I needed my hammer at all times. Some nails went in, some did not irrespective of length. Frequent jams too. 

The buy new, use and resell is a model I have used for a long time. I only do physical work when I have a project of my own. Professionally I mainly do surveys and desk work. The buy-use-sell model usually makes much more sense than hiring.

On 14/02/2021 at 21:53, Timedout said:

Thanks,

Oz07 is your Dewalt the type 3?

Yes, has been good to me but only coming up to a year old. Seems you can end up with a dud quite often but can return as unfit for purpose. Few cons with it too but put a few thousand through it in that icy weather week before last and didn't miss a beat.