Salus Auto Balancing Actuators - Problems!.

Miller3857

• 10 months later...

Thanks dave..

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

It should just unscrew, it will simply be screwed onto the large thread that the actuators mount on.

That's what I thought but they are all pretty tight.  I think I need to pull the plastic beyond the brass restecitors (if that makes sense).....although that might be a bodge

16397716216917326420705534949966.jpg

Oh hold on, that's completely different to anything I have seen before, so ignore what I said previously.  It seems to be some different form of fitting, in which case the Salus actuators might not fit that manifold.

We need someone who has seen that type before........

16 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Oh hold on, that's completely different to anything I have seen before, so ignore what I said previously.  It seems to be some different form of fitting, in which case the Salus actuators might not fit that manifold.

We need someone who has seen that type before........

Thanks for your honesty. I think its possible.....I hope...otherwise will need to send them all back 

It's a r553fk giacomini manifold and the instructions for their own electrical actuators show the inner cap (pictured) removed.  Removing the actual outer turn cap was easy..  They just dont show how to remove the inner cap in any of their instructions.tbh they're not clear at all!

Hi, I don't believe the Salus actuators fit on Giacomini manifolds. Giacomini use M28 thread and Salus use M30. I asked Giacomini about a year ago and they said no. If you find an adapter that works let me know!

Edited by valmiki

• 11 months later...

Hi valmiki, did you ever try an adapter for the salus?  I've read elsewhere on the forums people have suggested they work with the salus

is this what we need?

https://adria.giacomini.com/sr/products/p19

I really think the flow meter adjustment on the manifold for the giacomini is awful.  i think the salus would really help so opening this up again and seeing if anybody on the forum has used it with the giacommini, thanks

1 hour ago, pdiddy said:

Hi valmiki, did you ever try an adapter for the salus?  I've read elsewhere on the forums people have suggested they work with the salus

is this what we need?

https://adria.giacomini.com/sr/products/p19

I really think the flow meter adjustment on the manifold for the giacomini is awful.  i think the salus would really help so opening this up again and seeing if anybody on the forum has used it with the giacommini, thanks

Hello mate, sorry I never went any further with this - I read about everyone having problems setting up the Salus actuators and thought why do I need another headache 😆

However, that link you posted - and I took a look at the related products below the P19 nut lead me to this:

https://static.giacomini.com/giacomini.com/catalog/technical_documentation/K275.pdf

Looks new?

[edit] No, I don't think that temperature controlled actuator works the same as the Salus ones

Edited by valmiki

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 12:06, valmiki said:

Hello mate, sorry I never went any further with this - I read about everyone having problems setting up the Salus actuators and thought why do I need another headache 😆

However, that link you posted - and I took a look at the related products below the P19 nut lead me to this:

https://static.giacomini.com/giacomini.com/catalog/technical_documentation/K275.pdf

Looks new?

[edit] No, I don't think that temperature controlled actuator works the same as the Salus ones

Thanks buddy.  

10 hours ago, pdiddy said:

I've had a bloody guts full with this manifold and the micrometric balancing valves.  They simply don't work.  Small adjustments end up saturating the pump! How on earth do people set these things!

what does "saturating the pump" mean please?

Sorry dpmiller.  Was a bit of a rant as i was getting frustrated yesterday.  I've got a digital thermometer and I'm measure the flow and return on the 3 loops.. the l per second value I need to obtain is approx 1 in each loop but I can't adjust the flow meters precisely enough.  So what ends up happening is the 42 degrees I have at the mixer reduces as there's too much flow.  I'm not sure if there is an easier way to balance this.  I.e. closing 2 loops first then sorting one loop, for example. I'm close to getting someone in to sort it as it's not been flushed and cleaned this year however leading up to Christmas Is not the best time and all. Thank you and sorry for the non specific message 

sounds like you need to increase the flow in the main circuit, to send more heat energy to the mixer, then. Don't worry about calculated flows in the loops too much, the deltaT might be more telling.

Does your particular mixer sense on the flow side, or the return? And are there any bypass settings? What mixer is it?