How to achieve this window style and external frame

Ronan 1

Gents hoping someone here can help, i really want pretty much exactly what the picture below shows for around 3 wimdows but i just cant land on the construction methodology and materials should be and neither can my architectual tech. This style seems fairly popular on Pinterest in American homes but I can find this anywhere in Ireland or the UK.

I suspect is timber built frame but I'd really prefer to minimise timber construction onto my Block and block build but if I have to I have to.

Also wondering about window type and placement with the construction 

Any thoughts appreciated.

20201006_215713.jpg

12 minutes ago, joe90 said:

My windows were hand made by a local company in hardwood to my design,  I bet they could make them for you.

Hi Joe do you have a link to them or do they have a website, problem is I'm in northern Ireland would they cover there?

Just now, Ronan 1 said:

Hi Joe do you have a link to them or do they have a website, problem is I'm in northern Ireland would they cover there?

Ah, I am in Devon, the do work in other places, not sure NI would be achievable. I will ask tho. Surely someone here on the forum near you can recommend a local company? 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

GRP, works every time for me.

There does not seem to be much actual glass area in that design.

Yep looks like a good option I had been thinking of  building a block on flat in the area of the surround to give me a 125mm but out then maybe some frame narrow frame to that and alluminium ? But GRP might be a lot easier. Just need to figure out window placement as they seem to be almost flush with the surround in that.

2 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Ah, I am in Devon, the do work in other places, not sure NI would be achievable. I will ask tho. Surely someone here on the forum near you can recommend a local company? 

Fingers crossed, Its the latest point I'm fixating  on and waking up in the middle of the night thinking about ?

Edited by Ronan 1

1 minute ago, Russell griffiths said:

720F7828-9C3A-493B-B2CA-EED0BB23EEEA.thumb.jpeg.0dd2dbc0f1aa0fd871119e9004105e36.jpeg

im not exactly seeing the problem, these are my windows, if you look the mullion is very thick where an opening joins a fixed pain. 

If that window of yours had 4-5 openings then the mullions would be that thick all across. 

Would that not give what you are looking for. 

Hi Russle the thick million would do the trick for the glazing area and immediate surround it's the acieveing the rest of the protruding surround around the window and matching as seamlessly as possible into the mullions. 

Hope that make sense.