Electric towel heaters

Pocster

2 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

Yup. Does the towel rail already have the fluid filled.

Yes fluids in . I’m tempted to just drill and fit to the wall with no element in . Remove it - fit element ;then leave for sparky .

We've got three electric towel rails which I fitted. Once connected up I turned them on with the top vent plug removed to allow the fluid to expand. Some fluid may come out of the plug hole when it's hot so best to drape an old towel around it. When it's up to temperature turn it off and refit the vent plug.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pocster said:

The rads approx 120cm by 50cm . Guess I’m wondering how high ( or low ) up the wall should it be ???

Our towel rails are 150mm off the floor and the electric cable loops down from the thermostat to the wall plate. The thermostat controls the temperature of the towel rail and a timer controls when it's on.

Q1010006.thumb.JPG.e46e7a4bf3d41a5da2cc2ac78e7f32fa.JPG

Timeguard.thumb.JPG.aae60b62fdd6bb82648110af161aea63.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fitting was a faff but it’s on the wall with element in ( element insertion was easy ) . As I put the element in liquid came out as I displaced it . Assumed it would be oil or something but as far as I can tell just plain water .

476F3B2D-AF70-49D6-B822-84397FE510C9.jpeg

6 hours ago, pocster said:

Assumed it would be oil or something but as far as I can tell just plain water .

According to the instructions our towel rails have Fernox anti corrosion inhibitor and anti noise silencer installed in the water.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, pocster said:

Though this sounds interesting BS from the manufacturer ?

Not at all - it stops steam bubbles forming in the water on the elements which is what makes the noise as they warm up.  Sometimes called a wetting agent, or water wetter too..!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Not at all - it stops steam bubbles forming in the water on the elements which is what makes the noise as they warm up.  Sometimes called a wetting agent, or water wetter too..!! 

Everyday is a school day ! ?